Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for 5" CC tape..THE BEST
11-24-2008, 05:00 AM,
Looking for 5" CC tape..THE BEST
I tried BLUE LINER 5" cc for the front and its ok, but I was hoping to find something with less shine, just as strong, and THINNER if possible.

Any product and vendor come to mind in the US?

Remember, 5" not 3"
11-24-2008, 06:32 AM,
Re: Looking for 5" CC tape..THE BEST
the blue tape is probably one of the thinnest your going to find compared to all the tapes, except the 3mil lace tape, which is just a glue in tape format. To knock off the shine on the blue liner tape and even stretch it out.

If your applying to the lace. before you apply the tape down to the lace, take a tape backing and rub it onto the surface of the tape area. press it down and rub semi hard, this will kind of smear the tape a little, breaking up the surface slightly. this dulls the shine completely and also thins it out. Then apply it to the lace.

If your applying to your scalp first.. apply the tape to ur scalp, peel it off, and do the same thing, rub the backing on the tape thats on your head, and smear it to knock off the shine. It works very well. and will be the best tape visually.
11-26-2008, 03:01 PM,
Thanks Xion...I will try it
11-26-2008, 06:01 PM,
Xeon005 Wrote:To knock off the shine on the blue liner tape and even stretch it out.

I tend to have thinner densities, and my trick is two coats of white glue on top of the blue liner to kill the shine. First coat lays down a base, let it dry and them SMEAR the second coat on the tape for a completely shine free attachment. Works with other tapes too, but is most effective with blue liner since blue liner tends to be more glue-like to begin with.
11-26-2008, 06:54 PM,
Jrob have u ever tried the method i posted above? Or even stretching the blue liner tape as you would the st30 stretching method? Just rubbing the tape backing on tape really does wonders.

and one question about ur method. When you put the glue over the tape, is it easy to clean up? Does the glue stick to the blue lace liner more then the lace? Or does it get messy the same as any glue and u have to do the mirror slide and all of that stuff?
11-27-2008, 05:20 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:Jrob have u ever tried the method i posted above? Or even stretching the blue liner tape as you would the st30 stretching method? Just rubbing the tape backing on tape really does wonders.

Yea, I just find it easier to slap on some glue and be done with it. The blue liner isn't so bad, but some of these tapes when you try to rub the backing against them they want to lift away from your scalp if you aren't careful.

Quote:and one question about ur method. When you put the glue over the tape, is it easy to clean up? Does the glue stick to the blue lace liner more then the lace? Or does it get messy the same as any glue and u have to do the mirror slide and all of that stuff?

Believe it or not almost all of the glue stays with the tape on your head.

I don't use tape right up to the hairline. the tape is only there to give a good solid hold. I use white glue by itself to finish the edge. When I go to release anywhere where there is tape (even with white glue on top of it) the lace is pretty much clean, but the areas that were glue only i get quite a bit of residue left in the base after 4 days Sad