Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Lace
11-24-2008, 04:44 PM,
French Lace
I am about ready to order my first unit. I have a template and hair sample.
My current club lace unit is lace all around and is easy to detatch and clean. It is attached with proflex tabs all around. To remove my stylilst sprayed a bit of 99% under the edge and lifted up. Sprayed more along the edge after it is removed and just peeled off. This was the first time I ever saw this done as I use to go to the Club. My club stylist did this privately. The lace I have is very durable. This last between 5 and 9 months. Does anyone know what kind of lace it might me? With the tape attachment it has a definate edge but I don't really care about that since the cleanup was super easy.
Does the standard Toplace French lace attach this same way or is it more delicate? I am just trying to determine if Toplace will be so delicate as to be harder to clean or attach.
Thanks for everyones input.
11-27-2008, 07:28 AM,
Re: French Lace
bumped this up for you wiggy
11-27-2008, 09:45 AM,
French lace will last for years.

It's not the base that will wear out, it's the hair. Swiss lace.....different story.
11-27-2008, 10:44 AM,
toplace french lace is very durablel yet also very undetectable in my opinion. I love it. the sfs (swiss lace) is very undetectable, somewhat fragile and will not last as long as french lace in my experiences.
both are very good, it's just personal preference. if you want something very similar to what you have now, order the french.
DebbieS.
11-27-2008, 10:45 AM,
I really need to put my spell check on....the above post is supposed to say DURABLE.
sorry.
DebbieS.
11-27-2008, 03:23 PM,
It's the hair that will fail (fall out) long before the French base, and probably Swisslace, does. Gather your current base is mono which again is very durable and may or may not hold the hair in for longer.

Mono is what some of the big salon chains tend to use along with high density hair so it will take longer for it to thin down when it sheds. I was getting 6 to 9 months out of these at AHS. But the trade off is a thick base and thicker hair, crap hairline and no show scalp - i.e. loss of reality, plus a hefty pricing and time consuming maintenance visits.