Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Toplace work for me and my hairline? (photos)
01-21-2010, 05:02 AM,
Re: Can Toplace work for me and my hairline? (photos)
the7thson Wrote:Just saw this thread thought Id post my experience and thoughts. Looking at your hair mate I have to be honest you have lot of hair, you will prob find that the guys hair styles you have posted have naturally straight hairlines making the style easier to achieve where as you seem to have a natural curve to yours making this style a little harder to achieve. Are you on any meds if you are starting to receed eg: propecia? Might be an idea to start them and prevent any more reccession for a while (however Im no doctor so Im not giving medical advice here).

Using two small pieces was very tricky and the blend was very hard, my hair had to b sprayed solid into place because my natural hair was shaggy a loose which blew in the wind where the pieces didnt as they do not flow and move like natural hair, thus with the style you want you will find that your own hair will move and flow very naturally and the system wont making it pretty obvious somthing is a miss.

My honest opinion is that you should hold out as you have pretty much achieved the stlye you want give or take and inch of hair or two. You're young and within the next 2-3 yrs the style you have now will be out of fashion and you will want somthing different so relook at it then. Best of luck in whatever you choose

Thanks so much for chiming in 7thSon. I've been on Propecia since Dec 2008 and it has helped a lot, thinking about starting Rogaine more sooner than later. You're definitely right about my corner recessions in that they don't leave enough coverage for bangs. An HT is too expensive for me now so I started looking into pieces. Toplace seems to be the most promising/affordable/natural looking.

I Hear you out on the wind story man, excellent point. Is there any reason you were wearing two frontal pieces instead of one? Do you still have those pictures handy so I can visualize? I figure just a straight one piece might work in my case....what do you think good sir?
01-21-2010, 06:00 AM,
A few pics below with details under them. I wore two small pieces as I have always had a V shaped hairline and the bottom of the had has not receded much so I didnt see the need for a full front strip, i also wasnt totally convinced that lace would totally vanish from site so I thought I could cover the hairline with my natural hair if it looked wrong. I meet a guy who goves under the name of SPARTAN on here and at the time he had a similar style to what you are looking to achieve but had all sorts of difficulties with blending and a gap between the natural growing hair and the wig hair (message him on his thoughts on this). Just my opinion on this but dont have a HT, I looked into this extensively and I have meet people that have had it, you must understand a HT will not give you thick luscious hair it will only give you thin hair so as to cover and area which you just dont need.

Obviously go for what you feel is right for you but be prepared to go through a steep learning curve at first and the usual mind tricks the brain plays on you

Below pic is when I used two small partials and pushed my hair forward in a similar style to yours
[Image: 100_0160.jpg]
below is a pic as my hair grew I have highlighted where the pieces were in red
[Image: HIGHLIT2.jpg]
[Image: HIGLIGHT.jpg]

Below are pics of my hair loss at the hairline
[Image: DSC00572.jpg][Image: DSC00517.jpg]

hope this helps let me know if i can help any further mate
01-23-2010, 07:29 PM,
Re: Can Toplace work for me and my hairline?
ToplaceUSA Wrote:We can do that---no problem. And with no hairline to expose that's an easy problem to fix. Just send in an old piece to
duplicate or a template along with a hair sample.
Those photos are helpful---we'll send them to the factory along with
your order so they can match the density.
Regards,
John

Hey John, I'm sorry but what entails "sending in a template?" I know it's probably in the understood lingo 'round these parts, but i'm so new to wearing.....so if it's a bother :/
01-24-2010, 03:13 AM,
I wouldn't call your hairline a NW3, it's more like a NW2. I know what it's like to be self-consious of a receeding hairline. And for what it's worth - I don't think it's too noticable. And for some people a bit of recession is a good look. But give the piece a try, see what difference it adds and if it's worth your time and money. At least when you loose more hair you'll already have experience with wearing, and you'll know if it's for you or not. Since you are young, don't go with a transplant. It's expensive and when you loose more hair (which you will) - you'll be left with an unnatural recession (and you could end up with scars, depending on the type of procedure too). Basicly - you'll look like a goof. Not a good investiment of thousands of dollars. I considered a hairtransplant, I'm glad I didn't do go through with it. Another good reason not to get one is that the good doctors will not perform hairtransplants on younger patients.

I'd say this is a norwood 3:
[Image: jude-law.jpg]
01-25-2010, 11:15 AM,
hairhat Wrote:I wouldn't call your hairline a NW3, it's more like a NW2. I know what it's like to be self-consious of a receeding hairline. And for what it's worth - I don't think it's too noticable. And for some people a bit of recession is a good look. But give the piece a try, see what difference it adds and if it's worth your time and money. At least when you loose more hair you'll already have experience with wearing, and you'll know if it's for you or not. Since you are young, don't go with a transplant. It's expensive and when you loose more hair (which you will) - you'll be left with an unnatural recession (and you could end up with scars, depending on the type of procedure too). Basicly - you'll look like a goof. Not a good investiment of thousands of dollars. I considered a hairtransplant, I'm glad I didn't do go through with it. Another good reason not to get one is that the good doctors will not perform hairtransplants on younger patients.

I'd say this is a norwood 3:
[Image: jude-law.jpg]

Thanks for chiming in hairhat, your post was reassuring .

I not getting a ht anytime soon, and if i go through with the procedure it's going to be done with Dr. Cooley based out of Charlotte. I've met with Cooley and his staff and they were on the ball.
02-01-2010, 11:32 AM,
Re: Can Toplace work for me and my hairline?
ToplaceUSA Wrote:We can do that---no problem. And with no hairline to expose that's an easy problem to fix. Just send in an old piece to
duplicate or a template along with a hair sample.
Those photos are helpful---we'll send them to the factory along with
your order so they can match the density.
Regards,
John

Hey John, I'm sorry but what entails "sending in a template?" I know it's probably in the understood lingo 'round these parts, but i'm so new to wearing.....so if it's a bother :/
02-01-2010, 11:46 AM,
There's written instrucitons and a video on the TopLace website----just look 'style options' and then hit 'template.' Send it along with your hair sample and Printable Order Form to the address below. When it's received I'll phone you and we'll go through the details of your order. Once the specs are finalized I'll send an email invoice via Paypal and you can use any credit card or your Paypal account to pay.

TOPLACE
PO BOX 5
CIRCLE PINES MN 55014
02-04-2010, 10:18 PM,
My hair style is exactly like you have right now. Maybe with the piece the front is 5% more at the hairline, but you should really wait until the density is lower than what it is, you are in the very first stage and should enjoy the few remaining years of your real hair while you can. I would just say that I wish i could go back to the amount of hair you have now in the front and be free for a few more years.
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM,
"you are in the very first stage and should enjoy the few remaining years of your real hair while you can. I would just say that I wish i could go back to the amount of hair you have now in the front and be free for a few more years."

Well obviosly he want to change something in his life and not to waste years and obviosly he is not satisfied with his hairline and not enjoying? btw you can shave your head and "be free" for life , why wearing hair is not being free??
02-08-2010, 02:41 PM,
what type of spray or glue should i use for a piece like this??