Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Product to try.
11-27-2008, 07:23 PM,
New Product to try.
Well, i like to experiment with new products and crap. So far its glue and tape, I have tried different glues and different tapes etc. They all seem to be alike in many ways. The stronger the bond the worse the cleanup, the weaker the bond the easier the cleanup. and if you get a strong product that is also clean, then it doesnt look as good at the front hairline.

Anyway, Im thinking of trying the spirit gum stuff. I have read some people really liked the mastix P spirit gum. But it seems kind of expensive. Has anyone ever tried it? I heard the clean up is really simple. that u dont need to do mirror slides or anything, but the hold is weaker then most glues. I hear it gives about a five day hold on average. Im thinking of trying it out. I dont mind reapplying ever 3 to five days as long as its very easy to do and clean up.
11-27-2008, 11:41 PM,
Re: New Product to try.
hi

i use it only for the front, it gives me a max 3 day hold, but my skin is quite oily. the clean up is very easy, after 3 days the glue seems to break and you can detach it and clean just with a papertowel or with your finger just riding over the area on the lace that was glued. i use only one layer when ataching cause then mastix does not dry clear, but kind of milky or something. but maybe there are better ways to use it.
11-28-2008, 07:08 AM,
well if you get 3 days with oily skin i might get five days, because my skin is dry. Can you tell me where do you get this product from? Is it sold cheaper anywhere? I want to give it a try. Ill still use tape on my base, and probably also on the sides of my front hairline and just use the spirit gum for the very front center and redo it every 3 days or so. Shouldnt be a problem if the cleanup is as easy as people say.
regards
11-28-2008, 07:15 AM,
i live in germany, berlin, here you get this glue in shops with theater equipment 12 eur (mastix P Spirit- seems to be imported)
and normal "paper"-stores 5 eur (called ultra mastix-seems to be the same), but for me it was just a try out, ill change back to white glue from tp
11-28-2008, 03:45 PM,
We use it to attach hairpieces and wigs in the Theater. It works pretty well, although I have never used it on my regular hairpiece. It is pretty undetectable at the front hairline. It is best if you use the sweat proof kind.
One funny story-I was doing a show with a guy who liked to drink quite a bit. He was the type of guy that you could smell the alcohol coming out of him when he sweated. Well, after about a month of the run, the wig people were going out of their minds trying to figure out why they couldn't get the spirit gum to sork on his wig! Well, they finally put 2 and 2 together and realized that the alcohol in his sweat was causing the spirit gum to come loose!
-ANDREW (NEVER ANDY
11-29-2008, 06:51 AM,
lol, guess he doesnt need 91 percent alcohol to take off his units. Yeah Id like to try a product that is super easy to clean.
11-29-2008, 03:05 PM,
WHATS IT CALLED AND WHERE CAN WE GET IT?