Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE TL NEW GENERATION BASE QUESTIONS?
11-28-2008, 02:44 PM,
THE TL NEW GENERATION BASE QUESTIONS?
Has anybody ever tried this base? If so, is it better compared to all the others? Because I'm about to order a new unit soon and I was wondering if this is better than the superfine swiss?

Thanx
11-30-2008, 09:12 AM,
Re: THE TL NEW GENERATION BASE QUESTIONS?
It probably isnt better then lace, but dont quote me. I just figure if it was, you would hear more about it, and I haven't heard much about it from anyone. Plus, what gets me, and no one has ever answered this question. Why are skin units always more money then lace? Is it because the material is more expensive? Lace has def been the more popular, better option for most people, yet its always cheaper. Alot of skin bases are made by machine too, yet they are still more expensive.
11-30-2008, 10:16 AM,
Xeon,
Skin units are not made by machine. There is no 'hair injection machine'--it's still a hand process. I really like the New Generation and PSB bases. But for different reasons than lace units. The hair on skin units seems to lay flatter than the lace units--there isn't that 'puffiness.' Some wearers want the 'puffiness' and some prefer the flatter look. Of course the New Generation base doesn't last as long as a lace unit and that's the tradeoff for the thinness. But everone has their own preferences. Seems like when anyone asks the question 'what's better--SFS or French?'--you get customers with responses saying why they think one is better than the other. It's the same way with skin versus lace. You need to try the skin units and draw your own conclusion. We've narrowed the base selections down to the best available--there are no fine mono units or units with just a lace front or any other bases that are 'yesterday's technology.'
Regards,
John
11-30-2008, 11:37 AM,
Sorry i didnt mean to imply toplace uses machines, I have no idea what they use. I just meant that I have seen skin units made by machine, and those too are more money then lace. I guess my question is why skin is always more money.

About whats better. Everyone has their preferences. But I would say the majority, or more people, prefer lace or the benefits of lace over skin. I feel that when the super fine swiss came out, alot of people saw the positives of it and thats all anyone ever talked about on this forum for awhile. But the same doesnt seem to be true for the new skin. But i have no idea, anyone have it that can report how they like it?

regards
11-30-2008, 01:28 PM,
I've seen it up close and it's pretty impressive.

I actually ordered it as a perimeter on a couple of full caps but they put on PSB instead and I ended up chickening out on the re-make, opting for all lace since I have since determined that lace is really the only way to go for a main unit.
12-01-2008, 07:24 AM,
See the thing with me is, I would only be interested in a skin system if it was much easier to handle or work with then lace. I believe on the super thin skin units u cant use tape, so your back to liquid adhesives, and dealing with a mess. The glue probably builds up on the skin, and the skin is like super thin, so its probably challenging to even clean it. cant picture doing a mirror slide with super thin skin. I just picture having to use a solvent and rubbing glue off the balloon thin type material. Plus it doesnt last as long, Plus it doesnt look better then lace either im sure. So perhaps the only real main benefit is that it has a longer or more secure attachment, and u dont have to stress about bleached knots.

Id probably be interested in a skin that looks good in the front, but one you can use tape with, and is easier to handle and lasts longer. And i would use more of a comb down style.