Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tape and Glue for Hairline?
11-28-2008, 05:52 PM,
Tape and Glue for Hairline?
Hey Guys,

I have st-30 on the sides and back, which I like. Then, Walker No shine in front, and a little bit of Ultra Hold glue in front also. But Ultra Hold is so hard to work with because its really stringy and hard to apply, just its messy nature I guess.
Is there a better glue out there that works well for an exposed hairline? Maybe something that is easier to apply? Any squeeze bottle glues? HAHA.
Plus, those who use just tape all around, does it make it hard to get a good hairline cause of thickness? Im thinking of trying the st-30 in front. Just hessitant 'cause its not contoured and I dont want to sit there for an hour cutting tiny strips of tape, right to the edge.

Thanks,
Patrick128
11-29-2008, 12:41 AM,
Re: Tape and Glue for Hairline?
I recommend trying Iglue. As for the st30, you can apply that to your scalp first. You can stretch the tape around to make it fit the contour of your hairline. The key is to remove the backing of the tape as you go.
11-29-2008, 02:36 PM,
OK, I just spent two hours doing my first real cleanup. Took it off, cleaned up and put back on. What a pain in the ass! Tell me it gets easier!! :|
I actually use Walker No shine all around. I have the contour so all I do is cut a bunch in half and go around the edge which isnt that bad to do. But Ultra Hold, holy crap its awful!!! SO hard to apply and get a REALLY good hairline. I was about to say screw this and buzz the rest and go for the Jason Statham look. And rogaine the hell out of my head and hope for the best in a few months to come!!! haha But I somehow managed, for now. Just going to try different glues for the front
11-30-2008, 01:02 AM,
The first thing you should do is try the St30 for the sides and back and even the front. Like I said if you can learn to apply the tape to your scalp in the front you don't have to cut them into strips. You can pull and stretch the tape to make it thinner and fit your contour. ST30 is very easy to clean when released properly. You should be able to cut your time down to 20-30 minutes once you get the hang of it.
12-01-2008, 04:51 AM,
I have been wearing for 10 years and have tried just about every option available for the front hairline. Here is what I have learned; like most things in life nothing comes easy. The absolute best most realistic undetectable frontal hairline can only be achieved by using very thin layers of glue and only expect to get about 3 days of good clean hold without needing to reattach. Im very very picky and do not mind the time it takes to achieve these results. I have met both Debbie and BA in person at the Chicago convention and they can vouch for the quality thier Toplace units they produce for me and the quality of the attachments I can get. Little tips I can offer are letting the glue get real dry before attaching and then let it setup overnight before you tweak the front cleaup. Scotch Tape is absolutely the best trick for cleaning up any excess glue on the forehead right up against the hairline. Goodluck.... Have fun with it!
12-01-2008, 06:37 AM,
I agree 100% that the most realistic hairline is achieved with glue. I also believe that if you are not completely exposing the hairline you can get a great look with st30 and it is very little work and can last easily longer than 3 days.
12-01-2008, 08:14 AM,
Thanks guys,

Ill try a different glue. The Ultra Hold is just to messy, and hard to apply where you need it. If it doesn't work, I think Im going to go with the last option. Shave it all off. haha.