Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full cap hairpieces for women?
11-29-2008, 09:20 AM,
Full cap hairpieces for women?
Hello everyone,

I have tried to search these forums but I have had no luck in finding any specific information on hairpieces for women. I see pictures of women in the photo gallery but I don't see any information in the forums, unless I'm just not good at searching.

I have diffuse thinning all over the top of my head, and my hairline is very bad. I have decided that I would probably need a full cap wig as my existing hair isn't that great.

I am looking for a more realistic wig and I am curious about what my options are. What base would be best for this? What is the best way to attach it, and what densities would be good for a woman? I don't have any experience with lace based wigs at all. I usually like hairstyles with bangs if that will make a difference.

If there are any women on here that could offer any advice on any of this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Erika
11-29-2008, 02:28 PM,
Re: Full cap hairpieces for women?
Search the old forum for Izzy pics or Isabella pics.
11-29-2008, 06:43 PM,
I have an eBook available and a DVD coming out soon that deals with full caps for men. I would be happy to send you the rough draft of the eBook (it will be 100% complete once the DVD is finished) if you would like. All of the information for men, aside from density, will apply to women as well. Actually, women have it much easier with longer hair. the shorter you go the more critical everything gets.

If you would like for me to send you a copy of the eBook email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask on here as myself and several other full cap wearers post here fairly regularly.
11-30-2008, 03:26 AM,
Hi Erika and welcome.
I have many clients in my salon with your same problem. the diffused thinning on top and thin hair on sides and back. This type of hair typically is not strong enough to withstand a hair extension process so it is usually recommended to go with a full cap.....so you are on the right track.
for most of my full cappers, I order french lace with a sfs front, (but a french lace front works well also), I almost always orders just a little poly on the back and up to the back of the ear. This helps with keeping it bonded on strongly.
you can order a full cap by measurements or by making a template. remember that if you have very dark hair and want the front to be totally undetectable, a great tip is to order the front 1" with blond hair and color it yourself to achieve true colorless knots.
please don't hesitate to ask questions. JRob wears a full cap and is our "resident fullcap guru" LOL, his video, even though you are a woman, would still be very helpful to you.
DebbieS.
11-30-2008, 07:31 AM,
Yea, that's the thing. For men, wearing hairpieces is 10x harder, so some of the issues we run into won't even apply if you are a woman and wear your hair a little longer. Same goes for guys who wear longer hair. The shorter you go the more fires you will have to put out.

I've been doing this for a few years now, and to be honest with you, I had no idea Beyonce and all of those women were wearing. Now it's quite obvious to me but it honestly never even occurred to me for the longest time.

Oh yea, and there are quite a few videos on Youtube dealing with the womens lacefront and full lace wigs. I've even watched a few of them.