Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help identifying tapes
11-29-2008, 11:18 AM,
help identifying tapes
Over the past few years I have accumulated quite a collection of tapes. Unfortunately, I can't identify what is what. Can someone please tell me which tape is which.

one tape is a boomerang shape for the front and says "lace front tape (thick)"

one tape is a boomerang shape for the front and says "no glue please"

one tape is a boomerang shape for the front and says "lace front tape (thin)"

one tape is in strips and says "beachcomber"

one tape is a boomerang shape for the front and says "sunshine"

Thanks! Tongue
12-01-2008, 09:58 AM,
Re: help identifying tapes
Maybe these tapes are not well known tapes??? Here's another question that I'm sure can be easily answered by some people. How do I identify the Walker No Shine Tape? What does that tape say on it?
12-01-2008, 03:02 PM,
the walker no shine tape says "no shine" right on it. the "sunshine" one is a brand name. it is probably the sunshine non residue tape but who knows since sunshine is a brand. the beachcomber tape is also just a type of tape that is not very popular anymore...a bit out of date.
the one that says "thin" on it is the 3 mil tape, the one that says "lace front tape" is the standard 7 mil blue liner I believe. the one that says "no glue please" is a type of tape by walker.
why on earth do you even have all these tapes if you don't even know what they are???
12-01-2008, 03:46 PM,
some advice for you Dino....throw all those tapes away and order a couple of rolls of St30.
12-02-2008, 09:02 AM,
It's just that I occasionally buy a tape (or get a sample) and then I realize it doesn't work that great for me. I put it aside, thinking I will try it again some day when I get a different type of base. (Some tapes work great on one base but not so great on another.) Before I know it, I have a number of unidentifiable tapes. I think I got that beachcomber sample from BA in Orlando. Thanks Debbie!