Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED HELP: Attaching Over Hair
11-29-2008, 02:12 PM,
NEED HELP: Attaching Over Hair
So I finally took the plunge, got my piece, and got it cut in professionally on top of my thin existing hair. I'm attaching behind my hairline where there are some pretty good transplants. After being satisfied with the cut in, I decided to go ahead and shave what was left of my hair underneath where the piece will go. Problem is, there is still enough hair that the tape (ST-30) seems to be only attaching to my hair and not to my scalp. I took a shower with it on, just to see what would happen when it got wet. It came off almost instantly with very little difficulty. Does anyone have any advice for me? And could people please comment generally on their experiences with wearing in the water (shower, pool, ocean, etc.) Thanks!!
11-30-2008, 03:30 AM,
Re: NEED HELP: Attaching Over Hair
it came loose because its attached to hair and not skin. spray lace release on where the tape is attached to your hair and it will come loose, then shave the hair off and reapply the st-30 and you should be fine.
attaching over hair never gives an optimum result.......if your hair blocks the tape from touching your skin in any way, the bond isn't good. remember, these tapes are made to be attached to skin, not to hair.
DebbieS.
11-30-2008, 10:17 AM,
Thanks for the response, Debbie. Especially over the holiday weekend. I guess I just need to shave it closer. And I might need to shave a slightly larger area. I have to admit, though, that the process of shaving what hair I do have up there is kind of a challenge, psychologically. Since I'm keeping my hair in front, where I had transplants, it looks really silly. And I've been able to get by with concealers for the last couple of years. So now all of a sudden I have this giant bald spot from about two inches behind my hairline all the way back. But I guess I have to do what I have to do if this is going to work correctly. Because what I would really like to get out of this is not having to worry about it on a daily basis. I'd like to wash it twice a week and do a reattachment once a week, and not worry about it the rest of the time. If I get it attached directly to the skin, do you think that's do-able?
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM,
Instead of shaving more hair off maybe you could just cut the piece down a little more to match? I use ST-30 tape for sides & back & then walkers no shine for the front. I change every 7-10 days no probs! depending on how the front holds up i might just change the no shine at the front in between but I can usually clean with a little bit of alcohol & it lasts out the week fine without the need to change.
12-01-2008, 11:52 AM,
Thanks for the response DWNUNDER. I do think I'll go back to my cut-in stylist to have her do an attachment for me. Before, she just attached over my hair because I told her I wasn't ready to shave it yet. She obliged me. Now that I've practically shaved it, I'm going to let her get the bald area and the piece to match up perfectly.

People weren't kidding about there being a learning curve with this stuff.