Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of pics
04-15-2009, 03:28 AM,
Re: Couple of pics
firefly Wrote:
BA707 Wrote:
firefly Wrote:Hi Ba!

Thank you for your response and the additional pictures you posted to this topic. I am very impressed from this full cap, looks absolute perfect to he! I like to get a very similar style. Could you please give me some more detail information like base material, texture, color, and hair direction (but i think it should be freestyle) and finally was that full cap cut in by Toplace?...I know, a lot of questions perhaps its easier you send me the link to original post, if i could find the info there.

Regards,
Stephan

I would have to check but I am pretty sure it is 75% density all lace and Tomas cut this one in himself I belive, Hopefully Tomas will post a reply if not I will look up his specs.

Thank you BA. It would be nice of you if Tomas is not replying.

Regards,
Steve

The new photos Tomas posted are 65% the older ones I posted are 70%-75%.
04-16-2009, 10:35 PM,
Hi Steve, sorry for my late reply.

To answer your questions

I never made a template, I only took the measurements toplace suggested and sent in along with a hairsample. I think my hair color is either 16 or 18 (Maybe BA could verify).

I never had a reason to try a topper when I started to wear, I dont have MPB but a Thyroid condition that is causing my hair to thin all over my head from time to time, I didnt find it too hard to learn how to attach, change and clean, but again I have never worn a topper, maybe the latter is even easier.

I always order French Lace base with SFS front, For my first full cap i tried 70% density, it looked good but I felt it was too thick, so now I order 65 %. I always order freestyle ventilation, to me its perfect and acts just like normal hair, I can comb it any direction I want, and style it any way I want.

My girlfriend cuts all my hairpieces and she does a great job every time, mind you she had absolutly zero experience cutting hair before, she is just a talented person I guess. The cut in is important but I would say that styling is equally important. I use a lot of hairstlying products and the hairpieces still lasts for more than 4 months.

For me wearing has been rather easy, I use st30 to attach and 99% alcohol to release, thats it. with st 30 I can go three weeks without changing, but I usually change every two weeks, just for comfort, If you learn how to use st30 your wearing will be easy. IMO.

If you have any questions, just let me know and I'll try to answer them

Brgds
Tomas
04-17-2009, 03:08 AM,
Pretty sure Tomas hair colour is #18.
04-17-2009, 11:19 PM,
Hi Tomas,

thank you very much for your response. It comes not late for me no worries.

It's very kind of you explaining me all the detail specification of your hairsystem that helps me a lot. I think i got now all the information that i need. I have never worn a custom full cap before so there where a lot of questions to ask. Some time ago you where in a similar situation i guess and its a great benefit to find people who could help you. I feel pretty sure that your specifications should match me fairly good. The only concern that i have is the shape of the front hair line. JRob sayed it would be better to make a template because you have more control over the front hair line. I think thats right but i have never made a template before and i am not sure if the first one would to a good job.

I want to ask you another question. Is the picture BA posted showing you from the side the hairpiece or your real hair? I get a bit confused if its real or not. If you got some more pictures you want to show me you can send me an personal message. (email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->)

And last but not least...I agree with you...your girlfriend does a very good job on your haircut shes got a natural talent. It looks fantastic!

So again many thanks

Brgds,
Stephan
04-17-2009, 11:21 PM,
BA707 Wrote:Pretty sure Tomas hair colour is #18.

Thank you BA to confirm the color!

Regards,
Stephan
04-18-2009, 02:43 AM,
Firefly,

Making a full cap template is SUPER easy.

All you have to do is put plastic wrap on your head and start taping it down. Once you get a basic shell, take it off your head and start cutting it roughly to shape. Place it back on your head and mark any areas that need more cutting and note any areas where it needs more tape. Keep cutting off material and adding more tape until you are satisfied.

Alternately, you can order an all lace piece by measurements and if the hairline and temples need to be shaped you can cut the base and pluck hairs to get it the way you want it. The only downside to this is that it can compromise some of the realism in these areas if they were ventilated nicely at the factory. I don't usually expose hairline so it isn't much of an issue, but if you are exposing a full hairline you want it to look as good as possible.

If you want to build a template you can email me pics when you get it finished and I can give you pointers to help polish it up.
04-18-2009, 03:13 AM,
Hi JRob,

thank you for the advice. You are definitely the full cap guru here i guess. Following your instruction making a full head template sound in fact not too difficult. But i am a bit unsure that i get an opposite result if i create a hairline that is lets say a bit "unprofessional" and looks not realistic in the end. I think in the factory they should have some knowledge to create an acceptable front hair line based only on the measurements. It worked quite good for Tomas full cap in my opinion. For me as somebody who is new to the business its perhaps the easiest way for the first order. But anyway did you got any pictures from on of your templates? It's kind of you trying to help me. I think i am going to try it out... Big Grin

Regards,
Steve
04-23-2009, 04:22 AM,
Hi Tomas,

its me again. I read a lot of strange things about the hair texture. Some think straight hair is not a good choice for a full cap. I always thought its best to handle.

So i like to know which hair texture did you ordered? I mean was it straight or some kind of wave form?

If you got some some pic's of your full cap it would be nice to see them. You can send me personal messages if you like. email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Brgds,
Stephan
04-23-2009, 05:36 AM,
Stephan,

The curl is a personal choice. I wear straight hair now, but I think I will add some wave for my next order. Either one can look good.

The problem with sending measurements is that everyone's head is shaped differently, everyone has a different scalp line, everyone needs a different amount of recession, etc.

The factory creates realistic hairlines in that the knots are well bleached and the hairs are ventilated properly, but there is simply no way for then to know the shape that looks best on you, that's why a template is preferred. They are going to likely err on the cautious side and give you very little recession and a pretty straight hairline. Not ideal for most guys.

Remember, if you order all lace you CAN chop it and pluck it to craft the hairline you desire, but by doing that you are destroying some of the realism created by the ventilators. A comb down style is not an issue, but if you plan to spike the hairline you want it to be as good as it can get.
04-24-2009, 06:43 AM,
I'm not sure I'd suspect you of wearing... great job, dude. Truly one of the best pieces I've ever seen.

Now let's see some high-n-tight Caesar cuts. I saw a few of them floating around here somewhere....