Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! Opinion about hairline
11-30-2008, 08:05 PM,
HELP! Opinion about hairline
Hello, all. I'm a new hair system wearer(full cap), and I need opinions about my hair line. I feel that mine doesn't look....right. It doesn't look undetectable and real to me, so I thought I'd share my photos with you all in hopes that some of you might be able to tell me if it indeed looks wrong, or perhaps I'm just a paranoid first timer. The thing is, I always thought hair systems were completely undetectable when attached right, but when I first looked at my hair line I could see so many things that appeared wrong. I could see the lace on the temples, and those knots seem rather unnatural. Is this how hair system hairlines are suppose to look like?

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353...GP1166.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353...GP1169.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353...GP1168.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353...GP1167.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353...GP1170.jpg
11-30-2008, 08:49 PM,
Re: HELP! Opinion about hairline
It looks good to me........I'm kidding. If you can spot that something doesn't look right, of course the rest of us are going to tell you the same thing.......unless we lie of course. The human eye can catch a lot of what cameras don't especially when it comes to hair systems. It's hard to explain, even though you have these amazing cameras that can zoom in 1000X greater then the human eye could ever do. But these pictures aren't even that super upclose and the camera can pick it up, which means so can the human eye.

There are a few things wrong:

1) The knots are bleached well. In fact they look horrible, where did you get your hair system from?
2) The lace, what kind of lace did you get? My guess would be French? You should get SFS for the front.
3) In terms of the sides, I don't think you attached it on well enough.

If you want my honest opinion when wearing hair systems, I haven't had much major success in wearing them neither. A few times I gotten them to look perfect, but most I feel it's a hit or miss, I feeling is it really comes down to how the system is made.

Maybe, others here can shed some light on consistency, and how often they are really able to get their systems looking natural 98% of the time.

HairNoWigWearer
12-01-2008, 04:07 AM,
HairNoWigWearer, I bought my hair system from a lady who runs here own private Hair System Salon. She ordered it from over seas (one of those factories from asia) and charged me 1,600. Since it's my first time, I figured I'd go with it since I needed someone else to actually show me the ropes in person, plus she had alot of clients who were very satisfied with her work that I met.

I believe the lace is French, I'd have to ask her again. The woman who owns the Salon put the system on for me and did the cut in. She insists that it looks good, but my eyes tell a different story. She's tried bleaching the knots several times, but this was the outcome. Apparently it's hard to get black hair bleached? But yeah, I don't feel satisfied with this at all and I want to make sure I'm not the only one that can see what's wrong...
12-01-2008, 04:42 AM,
Mr Green;
yes, she is right, it is hard to get black hair bleached out well, so next time, order your system with blonde hair in the front and color it dark afterwords, this will give you perfectly lightened knots.
whenever you can see lace grids on your skin, it means the lace is not sunk down into the glue enough....probably pressing it down harder would help alot for starters.
you may also want to get swiss lace for the frontal area also.
Just a few minor tweaking with your next order and you will be fine. My advise would be to spend less than $300 and order one from toplace!!! $1600 is a lot of money!!!!! think of all the toplace systems you can order for that amount of money!!
DebbieS.
12-01-2008, 07:00 AM,
I dunno if its just cause you have a very zoomed up pic, or the type of lighting or what. But one good thing about the system , I like the way they positioned the hairs at the front hairline, with the widows peek. If it wasnt for seeing the lace and some of the knots it would look great. Maybe u should trim the lace off closer to the hair.
12-01-2008, 08:01 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:I dunno if its just cause you have a very zoomed up pic, or the type of lighting or what. But one good thing about the system , I like the way they positioned the hairs at the front hairline, with the widows peek. If it wasnt for seeing the lace and some of the knots it would look great. Maybe u should trim the lace off closer to the hair.

Agreed. With french lace I have to have it trimmed all the way up to the hairline. Swiss i can leave a bit of excess.

This thing would look awesome if you bleach the knots and glue it down tight. My units are completely undetectable from a few inches away when the lace is fully glued.
12-01-2008, 09:38 AM,
I agree with Debbie in that the issues with your hair system can be fixed with minor tweaking. You can also eliminate the grid pattern by simply applying a little more glue next time which would allow the lace to sink down a little more. For best results, apply an extra coat or two rather then trying to use too much glue at once.

Taking into consideration the overall look of the system, you might want to consider adding a little more recession into the temple area. Some men do have a low hairline however a little bit of recession is far more common even in men without thinning hair in a traditional sense. Adding subtle recession into your hairline adds another element of realism that can be useful in pulling off a completely natural look while still appearing like you have a full head of hair.

There's a definite learning curve with lace wearing and while you are still in learning mode, you may find that it's useful for you to explore different types of hairstyle options that cover the front and temple areas while still pulling off the look you are trying to achieve. It is very easy to make mistakes with lace and should you have a day where your glue application isn't perfect you can avoid being spotted simply by choose the right type of hairstyle. There is a seemingly endless list of options while wearing a hair system but that is also one of the great things about having hair again. Just give yourself some time and you will be surprised at how great you can make your system look with a little more experience.
12-02-2008, 12:01 PM,
Hi Mr Green,

Looks good, But I think what might take your hairline to the next level is that it does not look like a single strand hairline. Looks like it might be a few hairs vented together. Request single strand hairline and I think you will like the results.