Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
91 percent alcohol worked better for me
12-01-2008, 07:27 AM,
91 percent alcohol worked better for me
I tried detaching with lace release, which i believe is 99 percent alcohol. and to me, im starting to think that using 91 percent works better. the lace release or 99 percent seems to really break up the glue more. Which i thought would be good, but it kind of worked the opposite. It made my tape very gummy and gooey, and some of it stuck to the lace, which it normally doesnt do. When i use the 91 percent it breaks the bond but doesnt really break down the tape/glue into a gummy mess.. which makes it easier to clean.
12-01-2008, 07:43 AM,
Re: 91 percent alcohol worked better for me
Xeon!!
I agree... I first used Lace release and then ran out and went with 91%...I agree I think it IS better...each to their own...but that is my experience...plus it is sooooo cheap and you can get it at Walmart...very available. Cheers
12-01-2008, 05:36 PM,
Re: 91 percent alcohol worked better for me
thanks for tellin me that. Sometimes I think i post on here and am the only one with certain opinions lol. glad to see I am not crazy. Yeah, im sticking to the 91 percent. I believe the key is to break the bond, not melt the glue, unless u really have to. The more u melt it, the messier it gets. That has been my experience anyway.