Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Perfectly Bleached Knots
12-01-2008, 08:11 AM,
Getting Perfectly Bleached Knots
Bleached knots have always been a topic of great interest on the Toplace forum so I thought I would share my experience so that others can hopefully learn from my mistake.

Recently, I attempted to bleach the knots on one of my french lace systems and ended up with pretty discouraging results i.e orange tinge on the base & hair. I used L’Oreal Feria Bleach Blond since it is super thick when mixed properly and BA recommended it in a past post. The system was bleached upside down on a styrofoam head and the bleach was carefully applied with a foam applicator pad. What was surprising to me was the product, with as thick as it is, still managed to migrate 1 inch down below the base to the hair shaft and bleach the hair. Even more suprising is many of the knots are still there even though my haircolor is only medium brown. I was under the impression that bleaching should be done with the system upside down on a styro head but now I am not so sure?

I would really appreciate any advice on how this can be done to get professional results without damaging the system and ending up with an orange tint on the base and hair. Debbie, BA, anyone?

Messages In This Thread
Getting Perfectly Bleached Knots - wantmorehair - 12-01-2008, 08:11 AM