Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only one step away from perfection
12-02-2008, 03:20 AM,
Only one step away from perfection
Hey fellows,
almost exactly today it is my 1st anniversary of wearing hair. All in all, I am completely happy with my decisions of:

1) wearing
2) being a Toplace costumer

My specs: SFS TL100, 55%, dark brown hair, light wave (going to try medium wave next), length: 4 inches at the front (fringe) becoming continously longer up to 9 inches sides and back.

Attachment: 3-MIL low shine at the front, rest of perimeter: No Risidue Tape. Change every 5-8 days.

PROBLEM: Although my SFS front itsself is completely undetectable, the illusion is regularly ruined by single hairs sticking to tehe glue right at the edge of the front contour, i.e. there are often dark fringe hairs that are stuck along the hairline-shape of my piece, marking a VERY visible edge!!! I'm trying to wipe it out of the glue regularly, but ain't there a way to avoid that trouble before it gets you?
12-02-2008, 04:50 AM,
Re: Only one step away from perfection
hi mate

dont use a system at the moment just researching at present getting ready to do it. I was looking at 55% one myself just for the frontal 3rd, not to be personal but i dont suppose you have any pics I could see to gauge the thickness?

Thanks
12-02-2008, 07:09 AM,
Hey 7thson,

I have only been wearing for a few weeks now. Before this, I used toppiks, so I had enough hair for deccent coverage to use it. With that said, take the advice of everyone here, and go with a low density!!! I ordered stock that only comes in 65% and really had to thin it out to look real. I would even say go with a 50%!!! I know it doesnt sound like a lot, but too much can be overwhelming at first and freak you out. It just doesnt look right.
Another work of advice, stay away from Ultra Hold glue for the front. As a newbie, its SO hard to work with, jst messy to apply and clean up out of lace.

Patrick128
12-02-2008, 09:22 AM,
hey patrick128 thanks for the advice. I have read through your previous posts for some pointers, very helpfull. do you have any pics with your spec? also you say you used to use toppic etc, I have been using this on the vertex the last couple of months but thats not a major concern just yet its the quickly receeding hairline hence the reason im contemplating getting 2 small pieces. If you ised toppic what made you decide to go with the full system? thanks in advance mate
12-02-2008, 05:53 PM,
UncleDonald Wrote:PROBLEM: Although my SFS front itsself is completely undetectable, the illusion is regularly ruined by single hairs sticking to tehe glue right at the edge of the front contour, i.e. there are often dark fringe hairs that are stuck along the hairline-shape of my piece, marking a VERY visible edge!!! I'm trying to wipe it out of the glue regularly, but ain't there a way to avoid that trouble before it gets you?

The "no fray" stuff recently discussed may help with this. I've had good luck using Got2BGlued, just dabbing it on the front edge. It will dry and eliminate the tackiness of the tape/glue. One other tip, no matter what there is usually going to be some touch up necessary in the mornings, depending on how long you wear between attachments. A great tool I've found is a surgeon's tweezers, along with a magnifying mirror.
12-03-2008, 04:44 AM,
Hey 7th,

I have used toppiks for the last few years, and it just became more of a pain in the butt. I had to use it all over the top of my head, and as you know, it doesnt always look right. So I decided to finally take the plunge and come here. Toppiks was ok, but I still worried about wind and rain, and couldnt go swimming with my kids. Figured I would start wearing TL and maybe have a life again, haha.
I dont have any pics, but maybe down the road I will. Actually, when I come back at a later time. Yeah, Im shaving it all off for now. :o. And only because of my living situation, which is with a roommate, and I have been wearing a hat every single day anyway since I got a cut in. It is just too obvious of a change. So Im going to grow my own hair back and use toppiks again, JUST for now, until I move out in a few months. Then come back here for a fresh start.
So, my best advice for a new guy...Dont be afraid of a lower density at all, like I said, too much is overwhelming. And, dont be afraid of recession line, or widows peak. Use your real hairline for a realistic contour. And, remember, NO ULTRA HOLD!! haha! If you do though, use the baggie trick to apply, instead of a stick, makes it a little easier, then let it dry for a few minutes BEFORE pushing the lace down into it.
Goodluck 7th. Ill be checking in from time to time. haha.

Patrick28
12-03-2008, 07:22 AM,
what u could do is. Use a hair dryer and comb as ur applying ur unit, get all the hairs not to stick. Once u do that and the unit is secure. buy got2b glued freeze spray. Spray a qtip and blot your hairline making a thin coat of got2b, that will dry non tacky and prevent hair or dust from sticking to the hairline.