Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new me - thank you TopLace, BA, John et all
12-03-2008, 07:01 AM,
A new me - thank you TopLace, BA, John et all
Well, bit of background...

I'm 24, I've been wearing hair since I was 21 and went with the first company I got in contact with... I was vulnerable, desperate yadda-yadda...

I discovered TopLace about a year ago and admired from a distance the results you guys achieved, and asked my stylist for a similar system. He said that I wouldn't want that and I want to have my hair thick as I'm very young and skin bases look the best.

Well, let's put it this way - the skin bases I had were grey in colour, with double-knotted hair (unrealistic looking or what) and their 'lace front' was a the bloody polly material that used to be used... no graduated hair line, nothing... useless. Actually, it makes me angry thinking about it.

Anyways, back in September I finally got a template done, said good-bye to my stylist and waited anxiously for my systems to arrived.

They arrived last Monday night and I scheduled a cut in for December 19th... this way I thought I could get it cut in over the holidays and then go back to work as a new me.

However, curiosity got the better of me as a found myself "just having one more look" at my new systems and dreaming of the look I might be able to sport. Well, let's put it this way - curiosity got the better of me and I decided to just see what it would look like on my scalp...

I ended up cutting the system in myself with my girlfriend and glueing it down - it looked the fricking nuts! I went from a curly afro to a short haired, cool looking young guy in the space of a couple of hours...

I used the weekend to practice my attach and remove and I've pretty much got the hang of it... I went into work on Monday feeling anxious, but this was dispelled as soon as people went "WOW - I love your hair".

Fellas - I've been paranoid wearing my rugs for the past few years - scared of someone standing behind be and noticing that I've got no crown, and that my hair is thicker than most luxury carpets... I literally feel as though a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders... I feel, well, new.

I said to my girlfriend that I actually feel as though I'm not wearing hair - I feel like I did when I was 19 and could wear any hair style I want.

The compliments have been plentiful over the past few days, and someone actually said I look like one of the guys in the hair-gel adverts (!)

I will post some pictures soon, but I have quite a bit of work to do, so will do that this coming weekend (promise).

My specs are all SFS, body wave, black, 65% density, crown.

I know this post is long, and may sound a little cheesy, but this is the happiest I've felt about myself in years... I finally can have good hair days again... I can finally stand under a bright light and not worry about someone seeing the plastic base of my wig... I can see scalp -Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Thank you to BA and John for their help and advice along the way, it's been said before and I'll say it again, but they're true gents and I can't praise them enough.

You have a customer for life in me.

If there are any newbies that want to ask any questions then please do so - I'm new to the TL game and would love to pass on my experiences.

Thanks

Happy, Hairy, Cool, Jazzy...
12-03-2008, 09:50 AM,
Re: A new me - thank you TopLace, BA, John et all
congratulations Jazzy!! great story!!
can't wait to see the pics. I'm so happy everything worked out well for you as I know from previous posts ..you were nervous!
congrats!!
DebbieS.
12-03-2008, 11:29 AM,
Your energy is really contagious, Jazzy. I really felt empowered by your enthusiasm and new outlook. Congratulations! I'll be looking forward to your pictures.

Leamon
12-03-2008, 01:49 PM,
Jazzy,
I'm so glad to hear your story. Wearing hair can make big changes in your life and the way you feel about yourself. Congratulations on the the new you!
Regards,
John
12-27-2008, 01:31 AM,
Great to hear ur story mate and glad you r lovin your hair. Just wondering how the knots come out with the black pieces. Were they bleached throughout the piece or was it just the hairline. My specs are very similar to yours and a lot of people on the forum are talking about the unbleached knots showing on black hair pieces. Cheers.. Wink
12-27-2008, 03:52 AM,
justerxr Wrote:Great to hear ur story mate and glad you r lovin your hair. Just wondering how the knots come out with the black pieces. Were they bleached throughout the piece or was it just the hairline. My specs are very similar to yours and a lot of people on the forum are talking about the unbleached knots showing on black hair pieces. Cheers.. Wink

If anyone has a problem with knots send the piece to me, I WILL bleach them invisible, The stuff I have now is unbelivable and will bleach all knots no matter what the hair color.
12-27-2008, 10:42 AM,
justerxr Wrote:Great to hear ur story mate and glad you r lovin your hair. Just wondering how the knots come out with the black pieces. Were they bleached throughout the piece or was it just the hairline. My specs are very similar to yours and a lot of people on the forum are talking about the unbleached knots showing on black hair pieces. Cheers.. Wink

To be honest mate, I cannot complain - the system is absolutely perfect. The quality really is exceptional. Think I'm going to order some stock pieces now to get systems quicker.

I think you can become a bit obsessed with knots, but just spec bleached knots and tell BA/John what you need and you'll get it - simple really.

I do need to post pics guys, and will when I have batteries in my camera.

Hairy Regards,

Jazzy

PS - I've absolutely nailed the temple points - thanks to a take on Snipe's style!
12-27-2008, 11:02 PM,
hi jazzy

did you have time to take some photos Smile
12-28-2008, 06:32 AM,
Will take some tomorrow mate - going to do a reattach tomorrow and post some. Would like to have people's feedback.