Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photos of Paul before and after
01-21-2010, 03:09 PM,
Photos of Paul before and after
Got these photos from a customer named Paul in Ireland. He's been wearing for about 15 years and has gotten his units from a European company. His last unit cost one thousand Euros (about $1,500 USD) and was 60% synthetic and 40% human hair. This is his first Toplace unit and he's looking to 'tweak' his next order. His natural hair color is brown but he has died it black.

[attachment=1]

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

01-26-2010, 10:40 PM,
Re: Photos of Paul before and after
Hi everyone -- Paul here --- just saw the pics John posted and just like to say to anyone wavering and wondering whether or not to `` take the plunge`` with Toplace ---- go for it ! I used a webcam to capture the 2nd pic --it kind of makes it look a bit `artificial` --it actually looks fine in reality -- I am very very fussy and `critical`about what I wear on my head --this unit is definitely the most light -weight and natural looking after all my years. I might post a few pics later today and go into the specifications and how I attach / clean etc as it might be helpful to people considering wearing --- cheers for now - Paul.
01-27-2010, 06:20 AM,
[attachment=2][attachment=1][attachment=0]
Three attachments per post so will do a new post below here with 2 more pics . The pic of the system with the three pieces of tape attached shows how I avoid using a lot of glues/ tapes daily. As you can see, the strips of tape are quite small and as the perimeter of the system is Polyurethane, it`s very easy to stick them on and at the end of the day for sleeping, I just pop it off just using my fingers and remove the strips. On the new Toplace system I ordered polyurethane perimeter and lace front -- when it arrived I was delighted to see /feel the Poly was much thinner and lighter than my old unit and is practically undetectable to the touch if fully -taped on --- I like to take the thing off every night so I don`t sleep with it on --- my scalp tends to be oily and I need to wash it properly daily --- I simply pop the system onto a glass unit in the shape of a human head which my stylist kindly gave me. I leave the little bits of tape in place and it adheres to the glass --i then just mist the unit with water and `` fluff`` it up and allow to dry naturally ---- my system is now styled almost 2 weeks and so far I have used absoloutely NO products at all -- just misted it lightly with water and it`s still got that silicone shine from the factory --- for the front section --rather than using those adhesive strips or tape on the lace, I use a cotton bud [ the things for cleaning babies ears with ] and lightly spread sdhesive onto the skin --very thinly. It goes from white to clear quite fast and then you can spread on another very thin layer ----as soon as it`s gone clear just press the lace down onto it ----- the thinner coats avoids a big messy clean -up that evening . All I do to take off the system is pop my fingers up between the polyurethane and the scalp at the back ---near the site of the tape ---it will peel away from the skin easily. Fold the system forward towards the forehead area and release the tapes behind each temple. At this point, your system will be just held by the adhesive at the front hairline --just spray a little `lace release` onto the scalp and work it down towards the glued area --- the lace will simply peel away from the skin and the real beauty is there is hardly a bit of glue on the lace --- it`s all on the scalp so is much easier to get it off of skin than having to do a big `mirror -slide`. That`s what I do for just frequent daily use --if I was doing something in particular or maybe, travelling or expecting to sweat a bit more than normal, I would use more tape on the poly --possibly a full -bond and more adhesive on the lace part but really I find the method I use now to be so quick and so easy to apply /detatch --only takes me about 10 mins --or less ! I find the Poly helps to give the unit some `` body`` so it`s easy to place it in the correct position on your head before you peel off the backing from the tape -- getting your system into the correct position is vital --once I am happy with the hair length /position at the back, I just fold up the perimeter, peel off the backing and attach. I then go along towards the temple to the next piece of tape, lift the perimeter and peel off the backing--attach, then do the same on the other side. Finally fold back the lace part and lightly mark the edge on the skin --then apply a thin layer of adhesive, followed by the second one and attach --job done ! There really is no need to do a full - perimeter bond daily --- if you are expecting to be intimate with anyone and they are likely to run their hands through your hair --yes, that is when you need the full all -around bond but otherwise it`s just too much of a hassle --those little strips of tape I have shown will hold your system even on a windy day --I have often used the same strips two days running i.e. if they feel quite tacky there is no need to remove them --you can get a 2nd day of use from them. I imagine an all -lace system would be more tricky to work with as it`s so pliable and stretchable which is why I find the Poly perimeter good for holding the shape and it`s easier to stick tape to Poly. I was delighted too with the width of the Poly as supplied in comparison with my old unit --the Toplace one was only half the width [hence much lighter to wear ]and quite thin yet very strong too --over the years I have found that the main enemy of Poly is the acid in sweat ---so if you have been sweating a lot it`s important to wash /dilute down the sweat with water. I am interested to see how much use I get from this first Toplace system but I am delighted with how lightweight it is to wear --- all my friends have been really impressed too. It`s about the same as having a handkerchief sitting on your head --after 1 minute you forget it`s there!!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

01-27-2010, 06:35 AM,
Just posting the other 2 pics as mentioned in the last post --the camera can make it seem a little bit artificial but it looks really natural in reality ---been great to have been able to go out in public again with confidence --what a relief --delighted with the value for money --- John was saying in the original post that my hair is brown --it`s a very dark [ bordering on black ] brown -- I ordered a 1B colour with a density 65% around the perimeter and a bit less in the crown /top --that was to allow the stylist to thin it in as she wished. Left it a bit long [about an inch too long] at the first styling ,and then a few days later, just got it trimmed after it had `settled in`` a bit. There is a `` slight wave`` in the hair. I have coloured my own hair many times in the past to blend it in with other [black ]haired units I have been supplied with --- I will see how the colour on this system `behaves`` as time goes on ---colouring is really easy to do --the trick is not to leave it on the system more than a few minutes at most as the hair really `grabs`the colour very fast ---treated /bleached hair tends to do that. Your own natural hair will take the colour much more slowly so you might have to leave it on for 15 /20 mins depending on the depth you want.[attachment=1]

Attached Files Image(s)