Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap Ventilation Issue
12-06-2008, 07:17 AM,
Re: Full Cap Ventilation Issue
Rob i might be wrong, but here is one possibility. I went to a stylist that was recommended on this forum numerous times. They also used a razor to cut the unit in. They didnt even cut it in that short, and the hairs were all spiking up weirdly all over the place. The person blamed the unit and the hair ventilation. But then when i went home after a day the hair started to settle and i finished the cut in myself with a wahl clipper and it was fine and not sticking up weirdly. Perhaps its the razor? the razor seemed to make the hairs stick out into spikey and unruly for some reason. Id ont know why exactly. but it seemed to be the case for me. Especially when u cut it short
12-06-2008, 07:55 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:Rob i might be wrong, but here is one possibility. I went to a stylist that was recommended on this forum numerous times. They also used a razor to cut the unit in. They didnt even cut it in that short, and the hairs were all spiking up weirdly all over the place. The person blamed the unit and the hair ventilation. But then when i went home after a day the hair started to settle and i finished the cut in myself with a wahl clipper and it was fine and not sticking up weirdly. Perhaps its the razor? the razor seemed to make the hairs stick out into spikey and unruly for some reason. Id ont know why exactly. but it seemed to be the case for me. Especially when u cut it short

No, it's not the razor.

I have two uncut units that I looked at when I got home and when flipped over you can clearly see the hair falling the right direction at the back and the hairline (cascading backward when upside down, for lack of a better term) but the hair above the ears lays flat toward the scalp.

On the one he started cutting on one side it's worse than the other, and in its worst area the hair is literally pointing toward the sky...a whole clump of it. Try to push it back into place a little and it doesn't budge.
12-06-2008, 01:03 PM,
Yeah i guess your right then, darn. Maybe the only thing to do really is loosen the knots in the real bad areas, and then push the hair down and re tighten it. But thats probably too much work and too tedious, plus u need a good magnifying lens. I did it on an old unit at the temples, I did about 9 hairs then quit cause it was tiring lol.
maybe debbie or someone can re tighten the knots?
12-06-2008, 04:17 PM,
We're going to use a relaxer on Tuesday. my stylist said he has a color safe relaxer which is more mild, so we will see what happens. I will definitely report the results in case anyone ever runs across this problem in the future. I'm always of the opinion that fixing it myself is better than sending it back if I can do so safely.