Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any suggestion for frontal attachment?
12-04-2008, 06:34 AM,
Any suggestion for frontal attachment?
I have use i-glue and it doesnt' really bond well. st-30 tapes are too shiny and hard to work with for frontal. Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

Thanks
12-04-2008, 07:11 AM,
Re: Any suggestion for frontal attachment?
Hello Guy,

iGlue didn't work for me either. I use a product called 'Perfect' white glue from my lace front, and it's not to be sniffed at. Great attachment and no shine.

Good luck.

Jazzy
12-04-2008, 10:05 AM,
White glues in general don't give me a very good hold, but they look great, so what I do is use tape about 1/4" behind the hairline for a strong hold, then I apply white glue on top of the tape to cut the shine, and on the remaining 1/4" to tack that down and give a superior finish.

Blue liner, ST-30, Proflex, Walker Noshine, Supertape, etc will give you attachment strength without the messy cleanup of stronger glues like Ultrahold.
12-04-2008, 10:18 AM,
Jazzy, where did you get this "perfect" glue. I do the same thing as JRob, iglue doesn't hold by itself, so I use ST30 and leave it back just a little this get the edge with iglue.
12-04-2008, 02:32 PM,
If you have not, try Basebond. I have had no luck with Iglue, one day of poor hold max for me. With BB I get 3-5 days in the front. Also as with most white glues it is a snap to clean up.

One thing I have learned....... I was told by many to use several super thin layers of glue. I was putting it on so thin that the hold was lacking. I put enough on, but yet not enough so it seeps up through the lace and makes a mess.

What it all comes down to is experiment and find what works best for you!!!

-Kevin
12-05-2008, 06:10 AM,
Rod Wrote:Jazzy, where did you get this "perfect" glue. I do the same thing as JRob, iglue doesn't hold by itself, so I use ST30 and leave it back just a little this get the edge with iglue.

Here's where I get it from:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.myhairdirect.com/myshopping/adhesives.aspx">http://www.myhairdirect.com/myshopping/adhesives.aspx</a><!-- m -->
12-06-2008, 07:21 AM,
Coolpieces oil resistant white glue works good for me. But with all glues u have to clean it up after, which is annoying. Blue lace liner can look the best at the front for tape. As long as you dull the shine down by rubbing a tape backing onto the tape before u apply to lace. it is very thin, and will look almost as good as glue when u do it right.

regards