Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Full Cap Pics
12-10-2008, 06:16 PM,
Re: Latest Full Cap Pics
leamon Wrote:Can't wait to see what it looks like when you make it (style it) according to your own taste! Also, I think after showering the first time, the hair will behave better too. Looks great Jon.

Yea, i have washed it once and worn it to sleep a couple of times so it has settled a bit and already looks better.

It's still too thick and there isn't much I can do about that besides cheat it with product, but it does look good. I do think I'm going to have Joe cut it a little shorter as soon as I get my lace piece straightened out so I can have two pieces that are similar. I'll post more pics after I get it completely modified and cut to the length I want.
12-10-2008, 06:22 PM,
Bangless Wrote:JRob,

Can/do you also style this piece with the hair brushed back or do you opt for the "Roman" look to make the hairlines less conspicuous?

Bangless (newbie wannabe)

This piece has a PSB perimeter that also has too much density in the skin areas. No way i would be able to comb this particular unit back.

My lace pieces....absolutely. I am working on one lace piece right now that has an sfs front and the density is just right. I am having my stylist use some relaxer to move some of the hairs into place, then I am going to have him cut the piece shorter. As soon as it is done I will post pics styled the way I like it AND with the hairline and temples completely brushed back so you can see how amazing a swiss lace front looks.
12-11-2008, 11:43 AM,
I have a few questions for the full cap guru of Toplace (Mr. J Rob).

1. What is the density or different densities of the swiss lace piece you are working on?

2. Nearly all of the pictures I have seen of full caps follow a more of a straight, vertical hairline on the sides then a triangle). My sides curve out away from my side burns similar to a triangle shape. How hard would it be to follow this pattern on the sides as opposed to a straight line. (I would imagine there is a reason why most full caps wearers avoid steep curves at the hairline at the sides) ?

3. In general sense, are the sides more of a challenge to pull undetectably then the front hairline for newbie’s? If yes, why?

4. Do you ever experience any problems with lace lift on the sides like Dino mentioned?

Thanks for your advice!
12-11-2008, 01:31 PM,
wantmorehair Wrote:I have a few questions for the full cap guru of Toplace (Mr. J Rob).

1. What is the density or different densities of the swiss lace piece you are working on?

65% top and temples, 68% sides, 70% back

Quote:2. Nearly all of the pictures I have seen of full caps follow a more of a straight, vertical hairline on the sides then a triangle). My sides curve out away from my side burns similar to a triangle shape. How hard would it be to follow this pattern on the sides as opposed to a straight line. (I would imagine there is a reason why most full caps wearers avoid steep curves at the hairline at the sides) ?

You can design the template however you want. I am still experimenting with different shapes for the temple area to find what looks best on me.

The more straight lines you have the easier it is to attach, but isn't necessarily going to give you the best look. I think the key is to strike a balance, such as incorporating temple points, but using straight lines to achieve this.

Keep in mind that depending upon the length, you can also use the cut and style to an extent to change the shape of the piece.

Quote:3. In general sense, are the sides more of a challenge to pull undetectably then the front hairline for newbie’s? If yes, why?

I am assuming when you say "sides" you are speaking of the area that stretches from the top of the temple area down to the sideburns?

If so, I don't think a newbie would have more of a problem in this area than the hairline. They tend to ventilate the hair down and forward in this area which makes the hair cover the base.

As a newbie my best suggestion would be to order all french lace, forward ventilation, cut it in with a longer style if possible, and USE STYLING PRODUCT to control the hair. When you get the hang of things you can start cutting it shorter and spiking the hairline and such, but make it easy on yourself in the beginning until you get the hang of it.

Quote:4. Do you ever experience any problems with lace lift on the sides like Dino mentioned?

I remember Dino mentioning that when he was here in Orlando, but I haven't had that issue myself.

I think it has to do a little with head shape and the the muscle structure in each individual's head (some people might have more "flex" in that area), but it might also have to do with attachment method. Since I generally use blue liner or another strong tape for strength and white glue right at the hairline for finish, I would imagine that it would make my attachment less prone to lift than someone who just uses white glue in that area.
12-12-2008, 05:58 AM,
Rob, I would just like to congratulate you on how amazing this piece looks! Well done man.

And I don't agree about the density - it looks just fine. The thicker the better Smile Remember it will shed over time, so just leave it as it is and you can look forward to it looking better and better!
03-12-2010, 05:32 AM,
Damn, Jrob's full caps have come a long way. This looks great and yet he has pushed the boundaries further and further!!! To get it looking as good as he does when he wears it so short is very very good!! I can't wait for my next system, although the poofiness at the start is annoying, it is fresh it feels good to have a change!!!!
03-12-2010, 09:09 AM,
JRob,
Your advice on full caps is just great. I'm sure all full cap wearers (and wannabes) are extremely grateful for your experience and tips.
Thanks,
John
03-15-2010, 04:18 AM,
JRob full cap looks great ... Can you tell me what products you use for your hair to look like this .. I like wet look Big Grin Thanx
03-16-2010, 03:58 PM,
Andry1 Wrote:JRob full cap looks great ... Can you tell me what products you use for your hair to look like this .. I like wet look Big Grin Thanx

I am going to be developing some styling products for the RemySoft line in the future, so I have experimented with quite a few. At this point I don't remember exactly what was used on this unit. I think Joe (the stylist who cut it) might have used some of the products he had on hand, not really sure.