Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
? about Full Caps and Hairlines
12-07-2008, 11:21 PM,
? about Full Caps and Hairlines
I been checking around this forum for a while and I noticed that everyone with full caps cover up their hair lines in the temple/side hair area, but sometimes expose the frontal forehead hairline. The only one I've seen with exposed hairline on the sides was Jrob when he posted pictures of his full piece when it was wet. I thought it looked real, so why don't people expose the hairline at sides with full caps?
12-08-2008, 05:22 AM,
Re: ? about Full Caps and Hairlines
You mean like this?

[Image: IMGP3716.jpg]

I have had many full caps, and every one of them the hair was ventilated down and forward, so when the hair is cut short in that area it tends to lay forward, so it isn't really a matter of "covering them up" as it is the hair naturally falls that way.
12-08-2008, 01:56 PM,
My full caps always have the ventilation so that the hair goes forward at the temples, just like JRob said. I request freestyle but this is what I get back. I don't know why they do it like that. When I used to request flatback, sometimes I didn't get a true flatback anyway. I don't really mind that the hair goes forward because the "hairline" is incredibly long in a lace full cap---it goes from one ear to the other ear. That's several times longer than a topper's hairline. To style backward means that you have to be aware of possible lace lift in a very large area. As it is, I have problems with lace lifting. I didn't have this problem with toppers, but the hairline didn't have all the curves that it has with a full cap. So for now, I welcome the hair going forward just a bit.
12-13-2008, 01:11 PM,
I have another question. If you order an all lace full cap piece then how do you make all the lace disappear and blend in with your scalp? Does the glue dissolve all the lace into the scalp?
12-14-2008, 04:43 AM,
baldingsucks Wrote:I have another question. If you order an all lace full cap piece then how do you make all the lace disappear and blend in with your scalp? Does the glue dissolve all the lace into the scalp?

You only really have to worry about the first 1/2" or so. The rest (such as if you show scalp) will be invisible (providing the knots are bleached) without being attached. As long as the base is glued or taped properly the lace should disappear. Even french lace is almost impossible to see on my skin when attached
12-14-2008, 04:46 AM,
dino Wrote:So for now, I welcome the hair going forward just a bit.

You step into another level of realism when you expose the temples, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't look real with the hair laying forward in the temple areas.

I too have found it very easy to maintain with the hair ventilated forward in that area. I usually style it that way anyway.
12-16-2008, 07:17 AM,
are there any pictures with the temples exposed? normally hair grows backwards or downwards from the temples and sides, but if the full caps have the hair growing forward wont that look awkward?
12-16-2008, 01:21 PM,
baldingsucks Wrote:are there any pictures with the temples exposed? normally hair grows backwards or downwards from the temples and sides, but if the full caps have the hair growing forward wont that look awkward?

The pic I posted above is fully exposed temples....

Or are you looking for a "dry" pic?

Both Dino and I have received most of our units with the hair ventilated somewhat forward in the temples, and I don't think it looks bad at all. Of course I tend to style it that way anyway, but Dino stays more conservative and he said he likes it forward a bit too, as you can see from his post.

Keep in mind you can draw ventilation specs on your template if you would rather have the hair moving a different direction.
12-16-2008, 01:30 PM,
I have small wings on my pieces and I have had them vented to go downwards, this way you can come it slightly forward or backward or the hair can go straight down.