Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TL member with PICS
12-08-2008, 09:19 AM,
New TL member with PICS
I just received my piece on Thursday. I was playing with it a little that night, then got scared (and somewhat depressed because I couldn't get it to look right...lack of experience, and I was making things way too complicated) so I left it until Saturday. Finally I had the courage to just go with it, and this was the result. This piece is all SFS, 70% density, no wave (straight hair can be tough to work with 8-) ). I use Walker No Shine tape for the front.

Thank you John and Jrob for listening to me ramble on that night about my failure as a TL wearer.
Here are some words of wisdom to my fellow newbies. If it seems difficult or scary, don't give up. Take a break and go at it again...

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]

Pictures are inspirational to other newbies, so I hope you guys enjoy. Also, comments are encouraging to current wearers, so please let me (and the rest of us who post pictures) know what you guys think!

Thank you,

Leamon
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM,
Re: New TL member with PICS
Looks good my man.
12-08-2008, 02:50 PM,
that hairline pic looks absolutely amazing! are you serious?? from where I'm sitting, it looks awesome!!
great, great job!! I'm glad you were persistant with it........there is a bit of a learning curve to it and all newbies should expect this. Your results are phenominal and I'm proud of you for going through with it after your initial frustration. awesome results.
DebbieS.
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM,
Leamon,
Fantastic job! You're an inspiration to all newbies. There's a lesson here---don't get discouraged. As Debbie said there is a learning curve but it isn't that difficult. Well done!
Regards,
John
12-08-2008, 03:55 PM,
DebbieS. Wrote:that hairline pic looks absolutely amazing! are you serious?? from where I'm sitting, it looks awesome!!
great, great job!! I'm glad you were persistant with it........there is a bit of a learning curve to it and all newbies should expect this. Your results are phenominal and I'm proud of you for going through with it after your initial frustration. awesome results.
DebbieS.

Thank you Debbie! Especially coming from you, I'm astounded. That Thursday night, I left this TL piece in the closet. I was so scared of failing again. Since nobody in my family knows I'm wearing, it was hard to play with it...especially if it's on my head. If it's on, it's gotta be on convincingly, that's where the apprehension came into play.

I'm excited to go out and see some of my friends :lol:

Let me just reiterate one thing: one of the main reasons why I decided to try it again was because the TL piece was so beautiful. The hair was absolutely stunning and gorgeous. Better than anything I've ever seen before. It was shiny, smooth, soft... I felt it would've been such a waste to not use it. So I chopped off the flaps that I ordered it with (yes the flaps were what made it so complicated)...and see where that went. Fortunately it turned out okay... Big Grin

Thanks John! You remember that depressing email I sent to you? LOL :lol: :lol:

Leamon
12-08-2008, 04:37 PM,
Man, that looks great!

It only gets easier.....
12-10-2008, 02:56 PM,
I'm not a wearer . . . yet. For the brief time that I've been lurking, I would have to rate your photos in the top 95%ile. Really outstanding. I'd love to see mor photos. Of course I'm also curious to see what you look like minus the TL for comparison. Do you have any "before" photos you can post as well?

Thanks for sharing your inspiring results.
12-10-2008, 05:37 PM,
Bangless Wrote:I'm not a wearer . . . yet. For the brief time that I've been lurking, I would have to rate your photos in the top 95%ile. Really outstanding. I'd love to see mor photos. Of course I'm also curious to see what you look like minus the TL for comparison. Do you have any "before" photos you can post as well?

Thanks for sharing your inspiring results.

Thank you Bangless, for the compliment. When I was waiting on ordering my TL piece, I really loved looking at pictures too. I know how motivating they can be, so I'm glad that you enjoyed these.

Unfortunately I don't have any "before" pictures, but I'll try to take some. I hate looking at myself without hair, so I tend to get rid of anything that reminds me of my hair loss.

I've been wearing for years, but new to TL. What I'm learning quickly is: JUST HAVE FUN with it. After it's on your head, have some fun, comb it up and let it fall wherever it wants. Comb it back and do those rocker "head smashes" and see where the hair ends up.

My advice to the new generation of TL wearers is: HAVE FUN, DON'T BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT. You now have the power to create that hair you always wanted...via template, via styling, via anything you want.

Leamon
12-10-2008, 06:10 PM,
leamon Wrote:What I'm learning quickly is: JUST HAVE FUN with it. After it's on your head, have some fun, comb it up and let it fall wherever it wants. Comb it back and do those rocker "head smashes" and see where the hair ends up.

Haha....that's EXACTLY what I do! Sometimes it takes two or three "smashes" to get it perfect, and sometimes you kick yourself for "smashing" one too many times cause the last one was better, but it's a great way to get a modern look. Matter of fact, my avatar pic was shot right after I styled the piece that way!

That's why I'm a big proponent of hair products. Who would think that you would see a gelled or waxed up wig spiked or mussed up? You wouldn't. I think a cool, modern style and a little bit of product go a LONG way toward masking minor (and sometimes not so minor) flaws, and usually completely throw people off from thinking you are wearing.

Quote:My advice to the new generation of TL wearers is: HAVE FUN, DON'T BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT. You now have the power to create that hair you always wanted...via template, via styling, via anything you want.

And the great thing is that we have recently proven that full caps are a viable option. The cool thing about full caps, aside from a couple of minor issues, is that you have even MORE control over your hair. You can shape your temples, have whatever density you want in any area, etc. We are no longer slaves to thinning side and back hair. It's truly amazing.
02-23-2009, 03:36 PM,
Nice! Very very nice! I've been trolling the site since last night and I've been seeing some great results! I don't have a "piece" yet but TL will be the company I'll be dealing with (was looking at another company but their prices were much higher). Your pics are inspirational to someone who is thinking about getting a hair piece, I've never worn one, spent years and an embarrassing amount of money on hair regrowth potions with little result. Anyways, it looks great!