Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question to those who have experience with wearing hair…
12-12-2008, 08:52 AM,
A question to those who have experience with wearing hair…
Hi,

I’ve already posted similar question at hairlosstalk forum (under the name Peter), but wanted to ask here too, since there is a large community of wearers here that have lots of experience of what is and isn’t possible with today’s wigs.

I want to make a transition to a wig (top only), but I want this transition to be undetectable even to my co-workers who know me for 2 years, and work with me very closely, every day (I’m 28, btw).

My co-workers and everyone I know think I have a head pretty much full of hair (I’m doing a pretty successful comb-over), the truth is that my hair on top is very thin.

My question is, assuming I shave the top of my head, and get a full lace wig, with correct density to match the sides and back of my head, and appropriate recession to match the one I currently have, and color my real hair to match the color of the piece, and comb the piece toward the face to reveal minimal hairline, and use gel, if I do all this, do you think I can make the people closest to me believe it’s my real hair and not a wig ?, people don’t have a reason to suspect I went for a wig (especially if the wig has recession and lower density, which might even give the impression I lost hair, in comparison to now with the combover), because they know me as one with hair, unless the wig will give itself for some reason.

What do you think, is it or isn’t it possible (for a newbie, let me importantly add) ?, for today's best wigs, are there still give aways that a (careful) newbie or even experienced user, simply can't avoid ?
12-24-2008, 06:01 AM,
Re: A question to those who have experience with wearing hair…
I did this. I also had very thin hair, but I had used some concealer.

Consider thickening up your hair, growing it a little. Then get a piece. People honestly won't notice... most people just told me my new hair style was nice, and asked if I lost weight or something!
12-24-2008, 06:22 AM,
Thanks Burns,

This was an old question...

My hair is already too long, my sides are over 2", and the combover on top is exploding, I'll have to have a haircut soon because the wig is at least 2 months from me, and I can't go out with my hair like this, I need a haircut badly...

What will you say is a minimal length for the side/back hair to allow good integration with a piece ?
12-27-2008, 04:20 AM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:Thanks Burns,

This was an old question...

My hair is already too long, my sides are over 2", and the combover on top is exploding, I'll have to have a haircut soon because the wig is at least 2 months from me, and I can't go out with my hair like this, I need a haircut badly...

What will you say is a minimal length for the side/back hair to allow good integration with a piece ?

Like Burnsy said the longer the better, But as long as the hair is long enough to cut WITH SCISSORS without any problem it is long enough for a good sytlist to blend.