Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review of blue Max serum.
12-12-2008, 10:40 AM,
Review of blue Max serum.
Jrob has sent me a small sample of the blue max serum to try. Its basically a clear liquid that is syrupy. I first used products without the blue max, such as the fructis hair wax, as well as the surf head product. These products tend to dry out the hair, but when I used the max serum in conjunction with those products, it helped lubricate the hair more and kept it more soft while giving it a little bit of a shine. I have only used it twice so the long term benefits and effects I do not yet know. But it seems to keep the hair shinier and softer when using the product..

Now the downsides of it? Not really sure yet. It seems to work good. I guess maybe for some, the price might be a downside. I believe it is on the expensive side at 17? or something dollars for only 2 oz. but on a positive note, it probably lasts a long time because all you need is a couple of drops mixed in with the hair product.

I would recommend the product to people who enjoy using hair products that damage or dry out the hair. This will probably help lubricate the hair to prevent it drying out. People might also want to just use it alone to help moisturize the hair, like a leave in conditioner or something. but as far as my short term test goes. I can say it helps keep the hair soft and lubricated when using harsh styling products.

For the wax works users, I have not tried this product with waxworks. But i think jrob says its not necessary with that product. But perhaps its more economical to buy a cheaper product to use as well as jrobs bluemax. instead of the 20 something dollars waxworks cost. I guess someone would have to do the math. But for people who do not want a very shiny style with waxworks, or want something more natural looking. You could probably use a cheaper matter wax, with blue max for a more natural shine without the drying effect.

Again I believe a good review would be someone who uses the product for a long time and can comment on how it helps the longevity of the hair with frequent use.
12-13-2008, 06:30 AM,
Re: Review of blue Max serum.
Xeon005 Wrote:Jrob has sent me a small sample of the blue max serum to try. Its basically a clear liquid that is syrupy. I first used products without the blue max, such as the fructis hair wax, as well as the surf head product. These products tend to dry out the hair, but when I used the max serum in conjunction with those products, it helped lubricate the hair more and kept it more soft while giving it a little bit of a shine. I have only used it twice so the long term benefits and effects I do not yet know. But it seems to keep the hair shinier and softer when using the product..

Thanks for the feedback xeon.

The reason I sent the sample of wax along with the serum is so that you can see what a typical styling product does to the porous hair. Even without alcohol, even with seemingly good ingredients, almost all of them tend to dry the hair prematurely.

But the cool thing is that with ONE DROP of the serum, it changes everything. It changes a normal styling product into a turbo charged moisture retainer. That's why Waxworks does what it does. It has a high dimethicone content that seals in moisture. Essentially what you are doing is giving a $4 styling product the same qualities as the $15-$20 waxworks.

I'm not knocking Waxworks at all. I use it from time to time myself. The problem is that it gives a very specific look and very specific hold that isn't practical for me to use on a daily basis. That's why I am glad that I can now use basically any product with good results by adding just pennies worth of serum.

Quote:Now the downsides of it? Not really sure yet. It seems to work good. I guess maybe for some, the price might be a downside. I believe it is on the expensive side at 17? or something dollars for only 2 oz. but on a positive note, it probably lasts a long time because all you need is a couple of drops mixed in with the hair product.

I could have cut the cost down by either leaving out the sunscreen or diluting the dimethiconol with more cyclomethicone, but since this was developed specifically for hairwearers who need the highest level of protection, I didn't want to compromise the formula by cutting it with a lighter silicone that evaporates quickly, and I made the decision to use the maximum amount of octyl methoxycinnamate allowed by US law to protect against UV rays to slow oxidation and prevent fading and drying from the sun. And let me tell you that stuff is EXPENSIVE! I just think it's a small price to pay for the added protection. Toplace is still a low cost leader in this industry, but labor in China isn't getting any cheaper and the longer I can make these units last the better.

Quote:I would recommend the product to people who enjoy using hair products that damage or dry out the hair. This will probably help lubricate the hair to prevent it drying out. People might also want to just use it alone to help moisturize the hair, like a leave in conditioner or something. but as far as my short term test goes. I can say it helps keep the hair soft and lubricated when using harsh styling products.

Yes, used by itself it essentially seals the hair shaft, holding in moisture and protecting from heat, humidity, and UV damage, so it can be used with or without styling products.

Quote:For the wax works users, I have not tried this product with waxworks. But i think jrob says its not necessary with that product.

Out of the dozens of styling products i have tried, the only two that have not dried the hair have been the Waxworks, and the John Frieda gel with "excapsulated silicone". Essentially, these two products already contain a high level of the main ingredient in the Blue Max CCS, so you don't need anything else to make them work.

The good thing is now the options open up because one tiny drop of CCS will allow you to use many other products you might not normally be able to.
12-13-2008, 07:39 AM,
Hey jrob, Do you recommend using the hair max, lets say as a leave in conditioner, When you finish washing your hair, and put it on a styro head. Do you think it would be a good idea to put some max serum on it while your not even using it to protect the hair?

I did mention the price, just to give a full review, because some might see its so mall and be like 17 for 2oz? But I wanted to also explain that those two ounces could last a long time because you are only using a little bit of the product at a time. A little goes a long way. I mean a small bottle of spirit gum i found cost 20 dollars, for only 1.7 oz. A cologne i bought was 45 dollars for only 1.7 oz. So if something can restore your hair, that might be a small price to pay for some people.

regards
12-13-2008, 10:42 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:Hey jrob, Do you recommend using the hair max, lets say as a leave in conditioner, When you finish washing your hair, and put it on a styro head. Do you think it would be a good idea to put some max serum on it while your not even using it to protect the hair?

Yes, yes, YES!

What it is doing is infusing a small amount of Jojoba, Macadamia Nut, and Grapeseed oils which help to lubricate the hair shaft (these oils are a chemically very close to sebum). The cyclomethicone conditions and adds softness. The dimethiconol then puts a protective layer on the hair that seals and protects.

I know people have recommended using a pomade (essentially vegetable oil) if you are going to store the piece, but that only goes so far because the hair is so porous it quickly loses moisture. That is what led me to start experimenting with silicone based products in the first place. Silicone ended up being the common denominator in everything that served to lock in the moisture.
12-14-2008, 09:25 AM,
where can i get this amazing product i forgot the website addresss can u gime some input ?
12-14-2008, 09:31 AM,
JRob Wrote:
Xeon005 Wrote:Hey jrob, Do you recommend using the hair max, lets say as a leave in conditioner, When you finish washing your hair, and put it on a styro head. Do you think it would be a good idea to put some max serum on it while your not even using it to protect the hair?

Yes, yes, YES!

What it is doing is infusing a small amount of Jojoba, Macadamia Nut, and Grapeseed oils which help to lubricate the hair shaft (these oils are a chemically very close to sebum). The cyclomethicone conditions and adds softness. The dimethiconol then puts a protective layer on the hair that seals and protects.

I know people have recommended using a pomade (essentially vegetable oil) if you are going to store the piece, but that only goes so far because the hair is so porous it quickly loses moisture. That is what led me to start experimenting with silicone based products in the first place. Silicone ended up being the common denominator in everything that served to lock in the moisture.

This sounds like an excellent product. There are many products that condition and seal the hair shaft with cyclomethicone/dimethiconol but very few that due this while mimicking sebum. Sebum is really the missing factor with getting the hair to look healthy and natural. Jrob, how can I get a sample of this?
12-14-2008, 10:12 AM,
I think I still have some sample containers left, so I can probably send out a few more free samples.

If you are interested, email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->. First come, first serve....I know I am down to just a few containers.

I'm also still offering the shipping deals for multiple bottles and the 20% discount for toplace people (probably until the shampoo and conditioner are ready in a few weeks) on <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.TheHairbaron.com">www.TheHairbaron.com</a><!-- w -->

Keep in mind that if you order a bottle or two and aren't completely satisfied I will be happy to refund the purchase price.

wantmorehair Wrote:This sounds like an excellent product. There are many products that condition and seal the hair shaft with cyclomethicone/dimethiconol but very few that due this while mimicking sebum. Sebum is really the missing factor with getting the hair to look healthy and natural. Jrob, how can I get a sample of this?

The focus was on retaining moisture after conditioning with the silicone, but the oils were added to give it just a touch of natural "lubrication", and the sunscreen helps slow down fading.

A bonus to using this is that since it coats the hair shaft smoothing out the cuticle it virtually eliminates matting and tangling. I used to have this problem and it was very annoying. CCS wasn't developed for this but it ended up being a big added bonus.
12-14-2008, 02:20 PM,
mr. rob
if i order this thing how fast can u deliver ... i lve in chicago ...
12-15-2008, 03:27 PM,
Goodluck Wrote:mr. rob
if i order this thing how fast can u deliver ... i lve in chicago ...

I usually try to ship within 24 hrs of payment, from there about 3 days.