Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plugging advice for staggered hairline?
12-13-2008, 03:51 AM,
plugging advice for staggered hairline?
Hey guys,

I'm going to have to cut an entire front hairline (from sideburn to sideburn) out of a stockpiece. It's all swiss lace and has 65-70% density.

Does anybody have any tips on how to make a believable hairline?? I know a staggered hairline that is slighly uneven instead of a perfect straight/curved hairline is the key to a believable hairline.

So how do I plug hairs so that I get a beautifully staggered hairline and don't damage the lace??

Best regards from the Netherlands
12-13-2008, 05:33 AM,
Re: plugging advice for staggered hairline?
I modified the hairlines sideburn to sideburn on two full caps with excellent results.

this unit started out with no recession and no temple points-

[Image: IMGP3713.jpg]

[Image: IMGP3716.jpg]

This is an all french lace unit, and all I did was cut out the recession and temple areas with an x-acto knife, then I used a pair of eyebrow tweezers to pluck back individual hairs to give a natural, staggered look.

Now most of these hairs were ventilated single strand with a half knot and the hair was a little weak to begin with (plus the base is strong) so I just started plucking away and the hair came right out without leaving any sort of knot behind, but if the hair is thicker and stronger, you might have to do as MB and others suggested and wet the hair beforehand to weaken it sufficiently that it comes out without leaving half of a hair or a knot behind. Just have to try it and see what works. You will also have to be more careful with swiss lace...
12-17-2008, 12:14 AM,
Re: plugging advice for staggered hairline?
That looks amazing JRob!!

But I think I'm going for the easy way and just wear a topper with the front already staggered. I think my side hair is really bad, but about a year ago everybody here advised me not to go for a 3/4 cap and they were right. It's too difficult for a newbie.

Thanks for the plugging advice I'm still gonna have to plug a bit as the density is probably too high.

Cheers!