Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About copying pieces?
12-16-2008, 02:46 AM,
About copying pieces?
Hey all,
by this I do not mean to offend anyone atToplace. Far from it! They're doing super good work! Smile

However, ordering and production of custom made pieces appear (a bit) like a play of fortune to me. Although I ordered my last 3 pieces with all the same specs, they always varied from time to time. Not really badly, but enough to make the transition between piece 2 and piece 3 way too much Sad I am mostly talking about colour, curl and density. (piece 2 was kinda dark, a bit to straight and had the desired thinning look, piece 3 is much brighter in colour, has desired wave but is like a full head of hair... comparing them directly, they look like from 2 different wearers)

Well, my plan is actually go on ordering single pieces until I get a piece with which I am 99% happy and then send it back to Toplace to have it "copied" 5 to 6 times, so that I am carefree for about 2 years. That would mean an investment of $1200+ altogether, so I'd wish that this time the copies all look quite alike and - most important - really very close to the unit I sent in.

Do you think this is a good way of doing it? Other options?
Is copying a piece more precise than making a piece from specs + hairsample + base template?

I would actually order 5 to 6 pieces at a time without that copy procedure, but I'm afraid they might look alike each other, but too far from what I had expected. That's why. I mean, you can always send a piece back to BA or John if you're not satisfied, but how would that be in case of 5 or 6 pieces at a time?!

Further, if I send pieces to be copied, does it matter if they are already cut in and worn some time? (with the option of the hairlength of the new piece not to be cut-in!)

Best regards,
Don