Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just curious about something.
12-17-2008, 04:10 PM,
Re: Just curious about something.
I have a female friend visiting from out of town this weekend.

She is young (23), and when I officially told her about the hair you could tell that the response she gave was steeped in prejudices and misconceptions. She kept asking, "Why don't you just shave it?" and hounded me to see pics from when I did shave my head, which she thought I looked "great" in.

The images people carry in their head influence the way they feel about wigs. and it's an automatic response. They are simply reacting to the myths they carry in their heads, not reality.

Unfortunately, you really aren't going to be able to change most people's misconceptions, especially if they find out in an awkward moment where they don;t have time to assimilate all of the information. half of THEIR reaction is based upon YOUR reaction. People will never accept it MORE than you do, so if you give off the wrong vibe it sends it spiraling in the wrong direction. That's part of the reason why I love the freedom of knowing that most people around me know I wear, and they know that I myself accept it and am not self conscious about it.

Confidence goes a long way in this game.

Messages In This Thread
Just curious about something. - Madbull - 12-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Re: Just curious about something. - kevo88 - 12-17-2008, 02:18 AM
Re: Just curious about something. - JRob - 12-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Re: Just curious about something. - JRob - 12-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Re: Just curious about something. - leamon - 12-17-2008, 04:19 PM