Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE acid test...Holiday photos!
12-25-2008, 10:12 AM,
Re: THE acid test...Holiday photos!
Quote:I have posted this many times but obviously some havent read it so I will post it again,

Get the colour that matches your hair colour your hair and about 1" of hair of the hairpiece were the two meet, And you WILL
have a great colour match, To get that colour match just cut a piece of hair from the hairpiece and leave the colour on 5 Minutes,10 minutes and see what matches your own hair, This will give you the time you need to leave the colour on the hairpiece hair,

Ok, let me see if I go it right (translating from experienced british to newbie's english Smile):
1. Get the color that matches your hair.
2. Dye your hair with that color.
3. Dye about 1" of hair of the hairpiece, where the two meet.

In order to make sure the dye will give the same color for the hairpiece as it gave for your real hair:
1. Cut a piece of hair from the hairpiece, and leave the dye on, until it matches the color of your hair (could take 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or more). Once you know how much time it took, use this same time for the hairpiece.

Ok, assuming I got the translation correctly, I have some questions:
1. When you order the hairpiece, do you ask for a color match to your un-dyed hair samples ?, it seems that by doing this you are shooting your leg, because the dye that you will use to dye your hair (and 1" of the hairpiece), will not give the exact same color as your original hair samples...
2. Why not dye the entire wig's hair ?, why just 1" ???
12-27-2008, 04:15 AM,
Ok, assuming I got the translation correctly, I have some questions:
1. When you order the hairpiece, do you ask for a color match to your un-dyed hair samples ?, it seems that by doing this you are shooting your leg, because the dye that you will use to dye your hair (and 1" of the hairpiece), will not give the exact same color as your original hair samples...
2. Why not dye the entire wig's hair ?, why just 1" ???

You colour the 1" of the hairpiece and your own natural hair only were they meet, BECAUSE you dont want a complete uniform colour as like you said there are a mixture of colours in natural growing hair and leaving the top slightly lighter gives it that more natural contrast. Were the hairpiece meets the natural growing hair you fade the colour up like I said approx 1"
Do it like in the graph below and nobody can tell any colour discrepancy because you have the colour fading creating an illusion to the human eyes * Fading the colour is the key *

Heres what I mean :

[Image: colourgraphlx0.jpg]
04-30-2009, 01:23 PM,
Mr. Burns, could you possibly repost the photos? I'm curious to see how your system held up under those conditions.