Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cashier almost refused to sell me liquor......PRICELESS!
12-17-2008, 03:23 PM,
Cashier almost refused to sell me liquor......PRICELESS!
Just got a new all lace full cap cut in, and on my way home I stopped at the liquor store.

Grabbed a few bottles to stock up for the weekend, and headed to the cashier.

The cashier rings me up, and for a second I didn't even think she was going to ask for my ID, but as soon as she scans the items she asks to see it.

I cheerfully said "No problem!", as I always take it as a compliment when I get carded. Showed it to her and she hesitates for a few seconds, looks at me closely and says "Are you sure this is you?", to which I reply "Why, does it not look like me?"

She went on to explain that it looked like me, but that she didn't believe that I was 37! For a few seconds I thought she was going to refuse to sell to me.

The really funny thing is that my driver's license is SIXTEEN years old! I was 21 at the time and my hair already had about as much recession as I put into my full caps, but the density was probably 40-45% by the Toplace scale. So I was standing in front of this cashier with about 40% more hair than when I had just reached legal drinking age, she thought that it LOOKED like me, but she didn't think that I could possibly be 37.

So ironically, this girl (who might have been 21 herself, if that):

1) Didn't realize that my hair was THICKER at age 37 than when I was 21

and

2) Thought I wasn't old enough to drink

Now, do you think for a second that she would have had this reaction if I were sporting the horseshoe? What if I had a shaved head? If I still shaved I would probably still get carded, but not nearly as much as I do with hair.

Moral of the story.....a great looking piece can make you look YEARS younger. It can also make you feel really good. I walked out of that liquor store feeling like a million bucks!

Anyone sitting on the fence out there, take the plunge. I seriously doubt you will regret it.
12-17-2008, 04:26 PM,
Re: Cashier almost refused to sell me liquor......PRICELESS!
Amen!
12-17-2008, 04:53 PM,
JRob,

Moments like these make it SO worthwhile... (I hope you didn't ruin it with your uncontrolled urge to tell it's a wig).
12-17-2008, 05:51 PM,
Unbelievable that the state of Florida lets its citizens go for so long without requiring you to come in for a new picture and an updated license. 16 years??

I suppose you don't have to even prove your eyesight is still good and that you can still drive a car during that time either. Must be the elderly lobby. {For the record, my mom and stepdad are both in their 80s and live in Florida too, and both still have excellent eyesight and driving skills.}
12-17-2008, 06:00 PM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:JRob,

Moments like these make it SO worthwhile... (I hope you didn't ruin it with your uncontrolled urge to tell it's a wig).

Hahaha...I told her that it must be my new haircut, and that I should thank my stylist! After I left I thought to myself 'Wouldn't it have been funny if I told her it was because of my new WIG!" LOL

Seriously though, I will take some pics when I re-attach this unit cause it's the best one yet. Looking at this thing there is NO WAY anyone would have ever in a million years even FATHOM the thought that it might be a wig. My stylist is determined to transform me into a ROCK GOD!

RD. Wrote:Unbelievable that the state of Florida lets its citizens go for so long without requiring you to come in for a new picture and an updated license. 16 years??

I suppose you don't have to even prove your eyesight is still good and that you can still drive a car during that time either. Must be the elderly lobby. {For the record, my mom and stepdad are both in their 80s and live in Florida too, and both still have excellent driving skills and records.}

I think it's still good until 2011!

The amazing thing is that I'm pretty sure I can just get another sticker for the back through the mail to renew it!

If I remember tomorrow and I get time I will scan the pic at work and post it compared to the new full cap. That should be fun!
12-17-2008, 09:33 PM,
hahhaha jrob, you should of pulled said "it must be the new wig, just kidding" lady would have been so confused.

a quick question jrob, if i wanted to wear a piece similar to yours a fullcap also, i have decent hair on sides and back, how would i go attaching the full cap to my head, would the hairs give me trouble with glue and tape sticking?
12-18-2008, 09:29 AM,
I wouldn't get so excited !!

In New York City, by law, they have to card you ...
even if you are as old as Dust ! Smile
12-19-2008, 02:48 AM,
That's so cool Jrob!!

Most people really don't look at hairlines, especially girls. Only men who are also balding look at hairlines.

When I started wearing (at age 20!!!) I just told my friends I had a new haircut. They said: wow you look so healthy!! And I remember one time I was out there was this guy who had very deep recession at his temples. My friend said: look at that guy he has such a weird head! Then I said yeah that's because of his hairline. And thén she saw it.

A good hairline stands for youth and health. So people who are still in doubt: go order a hairpiece!!!
12-19-2008, 05:23 AM,
Tonight I am going to try to post my driver's license pic from 16 years ago, right alongside of the pic of me in my new full cap....

dale1389 Wrote:hahhaha jrob, you should of pulled said "it must be the new wig, just kidding" lady would have been so confused.

a quick question jrob, if i wanted to wear a piece similar to yours a fullcap also, i have decent hair on sides and back, how would i go attaching the full cap to my head, would the hairs give me trouble with glue and tape sticking?

I actually thought about using the wig as a pickup line. Seriously.

Imagine it totally spiked rock star style, showing hairline, scalp and all, going up to a girl and saying something like "Excuse me, but I need a woman's opinion. What do you think of the highlights on my wig? Should I specify a little more blonde on my next order?", hehe. I'm gonna do it one day, and I'll post the results!

As for your question, I don't really understand what you are asking. Are you saying that you plan to NOT shave? If so that isn't going to work. If you are just talking about the stubble growth, it won't affect the bond, but you will be able to feel it coming through a lace unit after a few days. That is one of the drawbacks of a full cap....
12-19-2008, 06:18 PM,
Ok, so here is the driver's license pic that I presented to the cashier. I had just turned 21 years old at the time of this pic-

[Image: 040937.jpg]

Here is what made her question if I was of legal drinking age. Comparng the two I know I definitely look older, but hey, I'll take the compliment!

[Image: IMGP41471.jpg]