Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to cut hairline of stockpiece?
12-19-2008, 04:48 AM,
how to cut hairline of stockpiece?
Hello,

I just got my stockpiece. The front is straight and I want a CC contour so I'm going to have to cut in to the hairline.

Any tips on how to do that?? How do you guys do it? Do you use scissors or sharpe blades??

My idea was: stick a front tape in CC contour on the lace but don't peal of the plastic yet, wet the piece, part the hair with a comb on the wanted hairline that you can easily see because of the white plastic that is still on it, then cut the lace using small nail scissors. This way you don't cut the hairs.
12-19-2008, 05:06 AM,
Re: how to cut hairline of stockpiece?
I just shot video of this the other day.

Most people use scissors, but I don't cut into hairline with anything but a blade.

Basically, what I do is I grip the base with two fingers on one side and two fingers on the other side of the cut (with the same hand).

I make absolutely sure that none of the hairs that are on the cut line are trapped between my fingers and the base. There needs to be ZERO tension on any of the hairs near the cut. It might take a few tries to get your hand situated, but once you are in place all you have to do is stretch the base between the two sets of fingers and use the tip of a triangular x-acto blade to slowly cut your way through the lace. You will feel and hear a little "tick, tick" as the lace is cut.

If you do this with ZERO TENSION on the hairs, you will have no stubble.

The lace can be a bit stretchy, but once you get the hang of it this is by far the easiest way to cut into hairline without sacrificing hair.

I like your tape idea, BTW