Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shower Head Filter to Remove Chlorine
12-19-2008, 06:52 AM,
Shower Head Filter to Remove Chlorine
I am thinking chlorine in our water is not a good friend to hair pieces. I would think filtering out chlorine
would be a good thing to do and may actually prolong the life of the piece.

Thoughts on this?

~e
12-19-2008, 08:01 AM,
Re: Shower Head Filter to Remove Chlorine
I purchased one, but can't tell much of a difference. I think it depends a lot on your water supply though.

Actually, since I remove every 4 days or so I don't often shower with the piece. I wash it in the kitchen sink under my drinking water filter.

But I say if you're gonna wear you might as well buy one unless your water comes from pure mountain streams. It's a cheap little bit of insurance, and I'm sure it does help to an extent.
12-20-2008, 11:19 AM,
Encouraged,
You're right--chlorine is not a friend to our hair systems or our skin. JRob is also correct, the results depend on how hard your water is to begin with. If you have naturally soft water in your area (and there's not many of these) you won't notice much difference. But if you live in a hard water area you'll definitely see the difference. Your systems will last longer, hold it's color better, you'll use less shampoo, and you skin will feel better. Here's a tip: if your shower doors or shower curtain has a white chaulky accumulation on it you have hard water---get a shower filter. It's only $40 and your hair and skin will love you for it.
Regards,
John
'
12-21-2008, 03:04 PM,
I use one and it does work.You have to buy a high end unit.I will try to locate the site that I bought
mine from.To be honest,I wish a person like JROB(sorry if I spelled it wrong)would do some research
and start selling them from his site.We need to support our family,Toplace,Debbie,BlueMax,etc.I hate
spending money at sites that do jack to help us.
12-22-2008, 02:01 PM,
I believe heavily that a shower filter is an absolute must.
My water is hard and must be loaded with chemicals as I notice an enormous difference.
I have an Aquasana which is a high end filter, but I still think some chemicals come through.

In fact the only "magic hair softener" I've found amongst all the tricks (baking soda, nearly natural,
magic shampoos, etc.) is this one:

- purchase a gallon of purified water from Target (about 99 cents)
- pour some in the sink, submerge your piece in the purified water for a few hours.

now it's soft soft soft

I do this IN ADDITION to the filter.

- AG