Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Unit, some issues, w/pics
12-23-2008, 05:11 AM,
Re: First Unit, some issues, w/pics
The full cap thing worries me though - I got attached Saturday with ST-30 & Walker and I "feel" the unit.....how's the feel with your whole head covered in the heat, doing the beach thing, etc.?
It's the break in/stretch with mine now, right?
I also have a bit of an itch around the back.
How do you handle a full cap attachement - around the whole perimeter(tape) like a topper?

I'm bought into these two pieces since the holidays are here but my money isn't & don't have the scratch to go in another direction re: a new order right now.
12-24-2008, 04:20 AM,
That is fixable.. You need someone to thin it out a little more when dry to try and match that back up better. Also, you probably want to invest in some Xfusion with the sealer spray (it's a concealer that is a powder). This will help the thinning sides and back tremendously. You can wear a topper real short with thin sides and back.. but you have to just thin out the sides and back enough to match up, plus sometimes use some concealer.. I keep my hair real short on the sides, and back #2.. and it looks fine. Sometimes, when it starts growing out, I use the Xfusion to help.

Buy a knot bleaching kit to hide the knots... can't tell from that pic.. but you may have to move the hairline up a tiny bit like some said on here. You can kind of judge whenever you are putting the piece on w/o glue or tape..

I won't go to a full cap b/c I like shaved sides/back hair.. I hate any hair on my sides/back.. I like it real short, but sometimes with some length on top so I can get some spikeness going. My hair is almost as thin as yours side and back (I'm 31).. I started using minoxidil again just on the sides/back to try and keep, and possibly thicken it up a tiny bit.

Anyway... the good things is that you are showing scalp.
12-24-2008, 09:31 AM,
folliman Wrote:I hate any hair on my sides/back.. I like it real short, but sometimes with some length on top so I can get some spikeness going. My hair is almost as thin as yours side and back (I'm 31).. .

Thanks Folliman - I'd love to see a pic of how your set up looks. I too like the real short back & sides.....if I rubbed the genie out of the bottle & used a hair wish, it would be for a Beckham Buzz cut! I've been cutting my own buzz with a 1/4 to 1/2 inch clipper guard for 15 years. I'll google that concealer re: sides
12-24-2008, 04:39 PM,
You don't need to tack a full cap down all the way round. It's so secure - it custom fits your head rather than just sits on top of it.

I attach at the hairline (one piece of Walkers A contour tape, sometimes with a little white glue), temples/sideburns (one piece of Walkers C contour tape attached vertically each side) and the back (one 5 inch Duo Tac boomerang tape with a Walkers A contour underneath it). Lasts more than a week easily, could go longer if needed. At change out time, dab with Debbie's Lace Release, wait two minutes, cap lifts straight off, tape is easily removed and no messy residue.
12-24-2008, 06:22 PM,
Traco Wrote:You don't need to tack a full cap down all the way round. It's so secure - it custom fits your head rather than just sits on top of it.

I attach at the hairline (one piece of Walkers A contour tape, sometimes with a little white glue), temples/sideburns (one piece of Walkers C contour tape attached vertically each side) and the back (one 5 inch Duo Tac boomerang tape with a Walkers A contour underneath it). Lasts more than a week easily, could go longer if needed. At change out time, dab with Debbie's Lace Release, wait two minutes, cap lifts straight off, tape is easily removed and no messy residue.

My attachment is similar. I use a strong tape at the back and about 1/4 to 1/2" back from the hairline and temples. I then finish with white glue at the front edges of the temples and hairline. I don't even bother doing anything above the ears or on top of the head.

I find a full cap attachment a bit more time consuming, but ultimately more accurate and easier than a topper attachment.