Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Unit, some issues, w/pics
12-22-2008, 11:45 AM,
First Unit, some issues, w/pics
ISSUES:
1) My old hair line ( I literally had 3 hairs there to prove it :lol: !!) was a 4 finger, but this is attached @ 3 fingers. She said it's best there, but I can tell you it doesn't feel right.....like movement of my forehead is coming into play.

2) The area that was shaved to attach is larger & comes down into the sides; like it was cut to fit the piece rather that vica versa. This was my first time with any of this and didn't question - figured her eye is better than mine.

3) Density is way too high - when its dry, it's very dense. They're stocks and she cut both ( the other is even higher than the one I'm wearing). I asked for mid 50's% on my stock order & didn't know if they were or not before she cut.

4) Visability - I can see the Walker No Shine in the front shining. In the photo you cant tell because of flash, but all the knots are visible.

Are there any fixes I can apply to the above?
12-22-2008, 01:10 PM,
Re: First Unit, some issues, w/pics
I'm a newbie so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Quote:1) My old hair line ( I literally had 3 hairs there to prove it !!) was a 4 finger, but this is attached @ 3 fingers. She said it's best there, but I can tell you it doesn't feel right.....like movement of my forehead is coming into play.

The stock that you wear has a pretty straight hairline, I don't think it would have looked right further above. Ideally you should have desigened a custom piece with some recession...

The low staright hairline together with the thinned sides give the "wide forehead" look, which is one of the signs that give away a wig.

Quote:2) The area that was shaved to attach is larger & comes down into the sides; like it was cut to fit the piece rather that vica versa. This was my first time with any of this and didn't question - figured her eye is better than mine.

I think it would have looked good if you grew your side hair longer, the blend could have been good. Now when the long hair from top sits on the very short hair at the sides, it kinds of give it away again.

Quote:3) Density is way too high - when its dry, it's very dense. They're stocks and she cut both ( the other is even higher than the one I'm wearing). I asked for mid 50's% on my stock order & didn't know if they were or not before she cut.

The density in the pic from above look good, but indeed the density at the front hairline seems too much.

Overall I think people will have hard time believeing this is a wig, with the scalp showing like that, but it could have looked much better. Maybe of the more experience guys could tell you something more helpful.
12-22-2008, 01:21 PM,
Density is far to heavy. I think you are a good candidate for a full cap. Shave and cover. Thats what I did. Never looked back.
12-22-2008, 02:09 PM,
Hi MrNewYork

It looks good but, Just some constructive feedback. I think you should let your hair grown out about an inch more, at least where it meets the piece, then you could blend it better especially in the back. Kinda looks like all your hair is cut to one length, Then the piece is longer.

You also should add some recession to the temples and decrease the density at the front by about 10% and learn how to bleach your knots if you can see them, there are a lot of post on the old form on how to bleach. I found If my piece is to thick I leave the bleach on longer on purpose, this creates a lot of shedding and in a week or so the density will thin out. If you have shine from the glue when it drys I press around the front a bit with my finger to dull it a bit, or I use a brush with plastic bristles and lightly rub over the glue to dull it.

Just read the old forum and in time with experience you'll get it to look great!
12-22-2008, 02:17 PM,
I'm sure the density is an issue when the piece dries out.... and it's not helping that it's brand new. They do settle down a lot with time. The other thing I notice is the hairs along your hairline, particularly in the temples, that seem to be vented straight forward. I've commented on this before but it seems to keep showing up and I don't think it looks very natural.

To remove significant density, you have to send the piece(s) back.

The knots have been discussed a lot around here lately, so you can read the other posts.

I think even the "no-shine" tape can be seen in the front. When it comes to the hairline, unless you're really combing forward and hiding it completely, some kind of glue there is best.
12-22-2008, 02:57 PM,
Yes, the hairline is a half inch to an inch too low on the forehead. Try the 4 finger method from now on.

I agree the front density needs to be reduced some. Great scalp view though on top though.

I also agree with Jonesy, grow out your own hair a little bit more and you'll blend very well.
12-23-2008, 01:28 AM,
Idid have my sides grown out - about 2 inches. She cut my own hair beofre attaching, then cut in the piece.

So if I wanted to keep my sides that length, because when they grow they curl, I'd have blending issues with even a 55% density?
12-23-2008, 01:40 AM,
HI mate would love to comment but I cant see any pics???
12-23-2008, 02:59 AM,
Quote:Idid have my sides grown out - about 2 inches. She cut my own hair beofre attaching, then cut in the piece.

So if I wanted to keep my sides that length, because when they grow they curl, I'd have blending issues with even a 55% density?

I think you should either get a new custom piece that will match the curls of your own hair (hence you could get the sides longer for a much better blend), or if you don't want the curls, just go with a full cap as has been suggested earlier.
12-23-2008, 03:58 AM,
Your real hair is mighty short to be trying to integrate with a topper.

I agree.....you would be a good candidate for a full cap. Your side hair is better than mine, but the real key to pulling off a topper is thick sides and strong temples. Doesn't mean it can't be done, but you are fighting a serious uphill battle. A full cap would eliminate 90% of the issues you face in one fell swoop.