Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TL700 base, anyone ?
12-25-2008, 11:03 AM,
TL700 base, anyone ?
TL700 isn't mentioned anywhere in the old or new forums. Zero comments.

This seems to be a very good base, for several reasons:

1. Disappears on skin, allows to expose hairline (how good is this in comprison to French or Swiss lace ?).
2. Easy attachement.
3. Hairs are injected so no need to bleach (important for darker hair colors).

For someone with darker hair who wants to expose hairline and attach/remove frequently, this seems like an excellent base.

Where is the catch ? (apart from the price and low lifespan of product).
12-25-2008, 02:17 PM,
Re: TL700 base, anyone ?
I've asked about this base too and got no response. Can anyone provide some feedback on the TL 700's hairline compared to a SFS hairline or a PSB hairline? There must be someone who's tried this base.

KenJJ
12-26-2008, 01:44 AM,
The TL700 is also called "New Generation".

I found 1 thread about it:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=321&p=1744&hilit=new+generation#p1744">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=321&p=1744&hilit=new+generation#p1744</a><!-- l -->

In this thread, it seems that TomBongi say that he uses it, and even though he sounds happy, I don't like his descriptions at all:

Quote:YEah under certain angles you CAN see the tiny ridge but only another hair wearer would notice because he would be looking for the slightest imperfection.

I'm staying with my SFS decision for now, don't want even a tiny ridge.
12-26-2008, 06:42 AM,
Well this forum isnt what it used to be. Im not sure if thats the reason why we are not hearing anything about it, or the base itself has been unsatisfactory. I really have not heard much since it was launched. On the contrary, when the sfs was released all you saw was post after post about it.

regards
12-26-2008, 11:55 AM,
Xenon,

I think the base is non satisfactory, at least when compared to SFS.

The TL400 is 0.08mm thick, and everybody agree it does not allow you to go with exposed hairline. Now, the TL700 is thinner, 0.06mm, but still, 0.06mm is 75% the thickness of the TL400, so it is very hard to believe the perceived difference will be huge.

If the TL700 was 0.008mm (an order of magnitude thinner than the TL400), I think it could have made a dramatic difference, but going to 0.06mm is just too small of a difference, and as Bongi said, you can still see the ridge.
12-26-2008, 12:52 PM,
Jonesy, Have you considered hair translpants? Trust me, you're not that bald (yet!). You've still got a lot of natural converage. The results these days can be quite spectacular when performed by the top-drawer doctors. And the promise of hair cloning (multiplication), so I've read at least, is not that far off, which means that a FULL head of your own hair is not fantasy. And then you can forget the no fuss with glues and the rest.

Try to keep your response under 5000 words. :mrgreen:
12-26-2008, 01:36 PM,
Quote:Try to keep your response under 5000 words.

In a hurry somewhere ? :lol:

No doubt that when HM is here we're all be going for it. I'm almost 30, hopefully I'll have a head full of my own (multiplied) hair, by the time I'll reach 40... (too bad I said the same when I was 20, with the same pessimistic 10 year forcast...).

Regarding HT, have you seen my hair combed backward ?

Dry look:
[Image: image013kb4.th.jpg]

Wet look:
[Image: image020sm3.th.jpg]

Do you want to change your statement regarding me having lot's of natural hair ?

If anything, I'll use the precious dense hair at my back, for FUE treatments for the temple hair, once it starts to deteriorate too much, so at least I'll be able to wear a topper and make it pass as my real hair.

Eventually, what I really hope that will happen (way before HM arrives) is that full caps will be able to be produced with temple recession, and easier attachment (so you could remove/attach everyday). This would make things so much more practical, no need to blend the wig with the real hair removes 90 precent of the reasons why it doesn't look real (but without temple recession it's not good enough for many people who are known to have temple recession, plus today's full caps have problem with hair direction, which really makes shorter hairstyles problematic).
12-26-2008, 01:49 PM,
Your pic reminds me of a very bald friend of mine MUCH( balder than you. I've known him since we were kids and back in the day he had heart throb good looks and beautiful, silky hair. His looks, in my opinion, took a set back when he started losing his hair. But now, very bald and his hair very close cropped, he looks great again. A friend of my wife's spotted him on the train just recently (they met at my wedding) and called her later to tell her how hot he was (if only she knew him better :roll: ). The early stages of balding is akin to the awkward stage of adolescence -- there's the possibility that you'll grow into your scalp and be as attractive as you once remembered. It's hard to see into that future, I know, and few people choose to be bald (though more and more men are choosing skin over hair) and you may be convinced that you're not one of the chosen, but it's possible that the look may become you. And think of the time saved!
12-26-2008, 02:08 PM,
Bangless,

This is how I look with the comb-over:

[Image: myhairvp6.th.jpg]

Nobody ever saw me losing my hair. People assume I have a thick, dense hair under the comb-over, and to tell the truth, when I'm outside, so am I. I'm not ready to ruin their illusion (and mine), and not ready to look like I grew 10 years older, in a day (walking with a shaved, NW6 horseshoe). I want to look my best, and this can not happen with a shaved head, I really hope it wasn't the case but it is, I'm no Vin Diesel.
12-29-2008, 06:06 PM,
I made a similar transition. I still wear my cap a good bit, as before when I used concealers, so usually I get comments like "Why do you wear a cap all the time? Your hair looks pretty good" when I have the cap off for special events I can't get out of. :lol:

But then I'll catch someone looking at my hair weird and the hat goes back on next day. :roll:

The big thing is lighting I think with the over processed hair I was using from VR. Dropped VR and now using a better unit with ash tones, but itching to try TL unit with less processed hair. This TL700 may be my first TL unit as:

1. I comb forward and having a perfect hairline every time is less important.
2. Although it is $100 more than SFS, at $295 it is still $55 cheaper than the thin skin unit on my head now.
3. Skin units are just too easy to attach for us newbies... and I'm trying to get everything else down before going SFS.