Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Jrob Full Cap
12-26-2008, 01:26 AM,
For Jrob Full Cap
I just received my all lace full cap. It came with a 2 inch band of extra lace. I was wondering how much you remove but leave as an extra edge...like 1/8th inch or do you cut it all the way to the hairline? I will have it cut in after the holidays. Looking at it in its raw state, I have a grave concern if they left enough for side burns...doesn't appear they did at the factory. When I had poly edges they certainly left plenty to trim at the side burn tabs.
12-26-2008, 02:58 PM,
Re: For Jrob Full Cap
ftwguy Wrote:I just received my all lace full cap. It came with a 2 inch band of extra lace. I was wondering how much you remove but leave as an extra edge...like 1/8th inch or do you cut it all the way to the hairline? I will have it cut in after the holidays. Looking at it in its raw state, I have a grave concern if they left enough for side burns...doesn't appear they did at the factory. When I had poly edges they certainly left plenty to trim at the side burn tabs.

With FRENCH lace I cut it all the way back to the hairline on the entire perimeter, otherwise it will buckle at the hairline. With swiss lace I leave 1/8" or so at the hairline to allow me to control the hair better. I am now doing NAPE attachments that hold up like a champ and I am experimenting with leaving a bit of extra lace in that are to make it less detectable to the touch.

As for the sideburns, I would have to see it on your head. With all lace keep in mind you will have some stretch, and IMO SHORTER sideburns look better most of the time anyway, so even if it goes straight above the ear at the sideburn area you should be ok. I am not integrating any of my own hair with this new unit and it looks great, short sideburns and all.

If you want to post pics or email them to me I might be able to make some suggestions.
12-26-2008, 04:55 PM,
Yes, I agree shorter sideburns look more convincing. I have found one way to shape them is to put the unit on your head then, using two mirrors one held at the side of your head, trim the lace to how you want it to look.

Also I had one full cap order (not Toplace) where the factory assumed that because it was a full cap it must be for a woman and no sideburns at all were included. I had to send it back to get this done. Now always specify "man's full cap" on an order.

I think TL had some stock fullcaps a while back that were also womens.
12-26-2008, 06:28 PM,
I emailed John about a theory I have that the factory needs to make the distinction between men's and women's full caps. It just seemed like the few issues I was having with my first orders would have been completely irrelevant if it were for a woman. I think in time these factories will catch on as the full cap thing becomes more and more popular. Until then....we just get creative and figure out away around the minor challenges Wink