Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very cheesy hair video (good for a laugh)
12-27-2008, 10:33 AM,
Re: Very cheesy hair video (good for a laugh)
Jonesy123 Wrote:Using gel is a huge part of my transformation strategy.

The only time I used a hair product was at a party I had when I was 12 years old.

I'm counting on people to think a large part of my wig transformation is due to gel and a new haircut (and maybe color, if I choose to do that too). People will want to understand how come you look so different, because lets face it, with a wig you WILL look somewhat difference, by using gel and a new haircut I'm just giving them the excuse they search for (hopefully they'll settle for that).

Sounds like an excellent strategy. A little Shock-And-Awe!

So when is this all going down? You'll probably wind up on the TL Board Of Directors in no time.
12-27-2008, 11:00 AM,
Quote:Sounds like an excellent strategy. A little Shock-And-Awe!

The other day I've read about someone who grew a beard for like two months. Then, when he did his wig transformation (had hair before, but with concealers) he also shaved the beard. All of his co-workers were so surprised to see the beard gone, they hardly even noticed he did something with his hair...

Quote:So when is this all going down? You'll probably wind up on the TL Board Of Directors in no time.

Lol, I'm in no hurry. I'm after the best execution, not the fastest. Moreover, my look is going to deteriorate rapidly in the following weeks and months (until December of next year), so I'm in no hurry to look my best.

My hair is too long currently, I can not make a template since I can't see my thinning areas well. I'm going to have a haircut next week, then make the template. Then grow my hair again and wait for the custom topper to arrive. When it arrives I'll see how it looks, and decide how to continue further. I need to find a good stylist that could work with me, at least for the first cut, while keeping absolute discretion. In the meantime I've also ordered MB's DVD, to get some knowledge of how to do things myself.
12-27-2008, 08:54 PM,
Bangless,

What do you say about this ? (combover with longer hair, and a little bit more gel):

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=500">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=500</a><!-- l -->

If this guy had the strong temples of the other guy, it would have even looked better, but in any case I just brought this to show you how it is harder to spot direction problems and slight hair color problems if the hair is somewhat longer and you go for the wet look.
12-28-2008, 06:39 AM,
hey one thing i liked about that video that is different then most hair replacement commercials. They actually showed the system lol. They showed it on the guys are, where you can clearly see the material. I give them credit for that at least. most companies do not do this, because they want to make you believe its some kind of material the melts into your skin lol. They never enjoy showing the base itself.
12-28-2008, 06:44 AM,
Quote:most companies do not do this, because they want to make you believe its some kind of material the melts into your skin lol. They never enjoy showing the base itself.

Some of the companies also try to give you the idea that your existing hair on top will be integrated with the wig, through the lace. The thought of shaving the entire top of the head scares many people from taking this route, and some companies leads you to believe it ain't so (at least in order to get you to their door).
12-28-2008, 10:15 AM,
You might laugh, but i would do all of that stuff when you make the transition.

Grow facial hair a couple of months prior, then shave it when you go to the piece. Use styling products on your hair when you normally don't use them. Go with a radically different style. Get highlights in the piece. Any and all of these things will throw people off when you make take the plunge. They will think you went on one of those makeover shows, lol