Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very cheesy hair video (good for a laugh)
12-26-2008, 01:17 PM,
Very cheesy hair video (good for a laugh)
follow the link for a good laugh!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.contactskin.eu/CS_EN_movie/index.htm">http://www.contactskin.eu/CS_EN_movie/index.htm</a><!-- m -->
12-26-2008, 02:00 PM,
Re: Very cheesy hair video (good for a laugh)
In the scene where they are sitting in the mall or whatever, I thought dude's hair looked awesome. And the guy on the right during dinner (near the end of the film)... that it looked good there, too.
12-26-2008, 02:36 PM,
What is the base used with "contactskin" ?, it was VERY obvious when she put it on the hand...
12-26-2008, 02:47 PM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:What is the base used with "contactskin" ?, it was VERY obvious when she put it on the hand...

It looks like the new thinnest skin. Nothing that you can't order from John for probably a fraction of the price.

When you look at 4 inches of extra sfs on skin without it being glued down you can see it as well. Cut it back to the hairline and attach it and it's invisible.

This video was good because it illustrates how a stylish, fashionable cut can make all the difference in the world. I thought those guys looked pretty good.
12-26-2008, 03:48 PM,
Quote:This video was good because it illustrates how a stylish, fashionable cut can make all the difference in the world. I thought those guys looked pretty good.

Yes I thought so too. Amazing transformation for both.

I don't understand how people have the nerve to go with a wig like that Tony character had at the start, it is SO easy to spot, and looks SO insecure on the head. You have to be nuts (I wonder if 5-10 years from now people will say the same on the best wigs available today...Smile).
12-26-2008, 04:00 PM,
"Micro-fine transparent substrate" - er, you mean lace? Hahah!

This looks pretty good, but I think both men could do with some temple points. Maybe it's just because my eye has been trained to spot these things, but it's weird to see such a strong head of hair without any temple points. And those men whose temple points naturally begin at the same level as their sideburns - well, guess what? They also look like they're wearing a wig!

The only person I have ever seen skirt this problem is Mr. Burns, with his handy yet slightly limiting temple flaps. Male pattern baldness affects hair globally across the scalp. This includes the so-called "permanent regions." Just because it's not barren doesn't mean it hans't changed too. I believe it's possible to tell that a man is bald without ever seeing the top of his head, particularly if he is in the later stages of hair loss. A glance at the sides is enough for me to make my diagnosis. This is why balding men in baseball caps look like...well, balding men in baseball caps...This is why bald men in great-looking wigs also sometimes look to me exactly like that: bald men in great-looking wigs.

Hopefully JRob will prove to us with his new DVD that this doesn't have to be a problem anymore. I can't wait, man!
12-26-2008, 06:37 PM,
hairykrishna Wrote:"Micro-fine transparent substrate" - er, you mean lace? Hahah!

This looks pretty good, but I think both men could do with some temple points. Maybe it's just because my eye has been trained to spot these things, but it's weird to see such a strong head of hair without any temple points. And those men whose temple points naturally begin at the same level as their sideburns - well, guess what? They also look like they're wearing a wig!

The only person I have ever seen skirt this problem is Mr. Burns, with his handy yet slightly limiting temple flaps. Male pattern baldness affects hair globally across the scalp. This includes the so-called "permanent regions." Just because it's not barren doesn't mean it hans't changed too. I believe it's possible to tell that a man is bald without ever seeing the top of his head, particularly if he is in the later stages of hair loss. A glance at the sides is enough for me to make my diagnosis. This is why balding men in baseball caps look like...well, balding men in baseball caps...This is why bald men in great-looking wigs also sometimes look to me exactly like that: bald men in great-looking wigs.

Hopefully JRob will prove to us with his new DVD that this doesn't have to be a problem anymore. I can't wait, man!

I totally agree.

There is a guy who is a bigwig (no pun intended) at one of my distributors for my retail business. I have met this guy three or four times, and never had any reason to pay attention to his hair.

Then I got into the full cap game and began studying the hairline "theory". I started to pick up on how important temple points are to the overall look of a piece.

This guy I am talking about, his density might be a BIT high, but the color was spot on, and the only dead giveaway (for me) was the bit of recession in the temple point areas.

A full cap isn't the holy grail, but it does solve a lot of the issues with integrating thinning temples. I know there is NO WAY I could even think about the hairstyles I pull off today if I was wearing a topper. NO WAY!

I will be working on the DVD tomorrow and Sunday. It's a lot of work but when I get it finished it will give a lot of people the reassurance that a full cap is a viable option. I will never go back, that's for sure.
12-26-2008, 11:46 PM,
Quote:The only person I have ever seen skirt this problem is Mr. Burns, with his handy yet slightly limiting temple flaps.

I'm sorry if this has been explained in another thread. but what are temple flaps?
12-27-2008, 02:55 AM,
hairykrishna Wrote:"Micro-fine transparent substrate" - er, you mean lace? Hahah!

Hairy,

Thanks for the very cogent description of hairpiece giveaways and tell-tales. Like you, I'm not (yet) a wearer perhaps in part because I've spotted too many "good" toppers (and, recently, a not-so-great full cap), which is always discouraging. My eye is so keen -- I believe -- that I have even spotted a wearer who was wearing a baseball cap over his piece -- and not a cheesy Howard Cosell toupee.

The recent bestseller "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell describes how we're able to make split-second judgments based on a life's experience. The book opens with an anecdote about an ancient Greek statue in pristine condition being offered as a recent discovery. The Ghetty Museum is prepared to spend millions of dollars for it, but after looking at for only a few moments, the director of the New York Metropolitan Museum Of Art is convinced of it's a fake and his hunch is vindicated.

I didn't find anything persuasive in the ContactSkin video linked here and precisely for the reasons that Hairy points out, namely the week temple points. (And I don't know how anyone can persuade themselves otherwise by a low-def, grainy 3"x 4" streaming video.)

I've admired many of the best of the best user photos I've seen here. And while I think their results are good enough not to raise any crimson red flags, to the trained eye (thankfully a small number), there's always a tell-tale (ironically, at first, too few flaws which then draws the eye in for closer inspection).
12-27-2008, 05:00 AM,
Bangless Wrote:I've admired many of the best of the best user photos I've seen here. And while I think their results are good enough not to raise any crimson red flags, to the trained eye (thankfully a small number), there's always a tell-tale (ironically, at first, too few flaws which then draws the eye in for closer inspection).

If you are letting the "trained eye" syndrome keep you from taking the plunge, you might want to reconsider a hairpiece.

I've seen a lot of recent posts concerning the neuroses of guys who WANT to wear, but are absolutely obsessed with perfection.

Sorry guys....i'ts not going to be 100%, 100% of the time to 100% of the people. Anyone who tells you otherwise is LYING.

I understand the hesitation, but all you are doing by analyzing this to death is creating reasons why you shouldn't go through with it, when in fact these things that are only visible to the trained eye mean nothing. The other guy who is wearing a piece who spots you isn't going to call you out or laugh at you. The guy in my last post who I spotted on the third or fourth time we met.....I had to give him props, cause aside from a couple of minor issues (one being receded temple points) the guy managed to fool me at least twice, and that, IMO, is as close to perfection as one needs to get in order to wear "successfully".