Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading on vacation soon, questions about flying W/hair prod
12-27-2008, 05:41 PM,
Heading on vacation soon, questions about flying W/hair prod
Hey guys,

I am flying for the first time early next week. Wondering about the check-in procedures...

Ideally I want to bring these items...

Ultra-hold
St-30 tape
Toppik
Lace-Remover
Fray check

What do you recommend for packing these items so I don't have to face the embarrassment of having to explain why I need these products?

Thanks!
12-28-2008, 09:01 AM,
Re: Heading on vacation soon, questions about flying W/hair prod
3-1-1

http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm
12-28-2008, 10:56 AM,
Simply check all of you're supplies and you will have no issues what so ever. Enjoy!

Bobby
12-28-2008, 03:57 PM,
You can purchase a few 3 oz bottles at the local CVS or Rite Aid and use those for your lace remover, glue, etc...
12-29-2008, 06:06 AM,
K, thanks guys!
12-29-2008, 07:47 AM,
bobbysmith Wrote:Simply check all of you're supplies and you will have no issues what so ever. Enjoy!

Bobby

I agree with Bobby, I always check them and never carry them on, Check em and forget em.
01-06-2009, 07:49 PM,
st 30 tape and toppik ( no problem ) its not liquid you can carry as much as you want. put it in a side pouch of the suitcase.
ultra hold - get the small travel size one debbie sells and then put it on your carry on. take the label off of course.
the laceremover and fraychecker go to riteaid or cvs and get the travel size 3 oz travel kit. and you can put them into those.

personally i dont put any hair stuff in a checked bag, i travel quite often and theres all too many nightmare stories of people loosing bags for days at a time.. i had my bag lost about a year and half ago going to australia with all my supplies and it didnt show up for 5 days! that was the first and last time i put the essentials into my checked bag.

tsa rarely asks (although that has happened to me too with the ultrahold and i tell them its for atheltes foot.) if you are that nervous go out and buy some small travel size bottles of like pantene pro v shampoo or something along those lines, empty them out and put the stuff into those.
01-09-2009, 07:48 AM,
Man .. I can't wait to travel this year ..
not worrying about having 3 huge cans of Prothik
concealer in my bag

(extra in case the aerosol spray malfunctions
... which it does)

Because in some countries .. like Puerta Varata
Mexico ... they went through the woman's
checked in luggage who was ahead of me when
she got off the flight .. and took away all her aerosol products .