Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaction to Tape. question.
12-27-2008, 08:08 PM,
Reaction to Tape. question.
I been using the super tape contours. I really like the tape. It works well, and leaves no residue behind after five days. I finally found a tape that I like and that is easy for me to apply and remove. But damn it, the luck. I get a kind of rash from the damn tape. Like little pimplish bumps right on the perimeter on the very front edge of where the tape is. So i have like a redish line going across my forehead. I have heard people complain about this before with the st30 tape. Is there anyway to get around this? Does scalp protector work to help this or something. i would like to use this tape, but i dont want to keep getting rashes.

regards
12-27-2008, 08:47 PM,
Re: Reaction to Tape. question.
Xenon, maybe if you removed it for cleaning more often it would have solved the problem ?
12-28-2008, 12:26 AM,
Xeon, is this your first time using this tape at the front hairline? It could be that your skin is not use to it. I use the ST30 at the front and I have gotten a little red rash before. It happens when I don't get the front of piece exactly at the same place that it was and I feel that its touching my forehead where its not use to the tape. It's always at the front edge, when I remove it, there is a little red line there and my forehead is irritated. I rarely have it happen now but if I feel it getting itchy and sore, I go ahead and lift the front up, clean it and re-attach it. The longer you leave it on the worse it will get. So cleaning it more often would help until your skin gets use to it. I wouldn't give up on it yet and I am glad I didn't give up on the ST30 for the front. I use the SuperTape on the sides and back when I am in a hurry because they are contoured and it is very similar the the ST30.
12-28-2008, 07:30 AM,
No I have used the blue tape before and other tape for the front. I am pretty sure its a chemical in the st30 and super tape that is causing that kind of reaction. i wonder if scalp protector would work