Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you fix dried up UH?
12-29-2008, 03:54 PM,
Can you fix dried up UH?
My Ultrahold dried up into a big glob from months of non-use. Is there a way to restore the UH? Maybe add alcohol??
12-29-2008, 04:37 PM,
Re: Can you fix dried up UH?
Completely dried up I would just toss it... one supplier has the 3.4oz for $25 bucks now and free shipping over $50. I bought 2 in the past (not at that price) and it was ~7 months before I opened the second bottle and it worked fine... just finishing it up. The key seems to be getting it completely sealed up when finished, keeping the air out. I clean the threads with 99% every so often to make sure it can screw on tight. Also I keep mine at a steady temp in my lab.

On another board someone mentioned putting a tiny amount of alcohol or witch hazel in the bottle if it was just starting to harden up. I never tried it though.
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM,
dino Wrote:My Ultrahold dried up into a big glob from months of non-use. Is there a way to restore the UH? Maybe add alcohol??

Its toast fella, Chuck it in the rubbish bin.
12-29-2008, 06:30 PM,
I'm assuming when you say "dried up" you mean "unbrushable".

If it is still pliable it works great for touch ups. Put a little bit on the tip of your finger and smear it on your skin. You don't even have to wait for it to dry.....
01-02-2009, 10:27 AM,
I wish they would have a florescent colored cap. I have started to tape mine up with florescent tape so that I notice the cap not being on the bottle before walking away. I have had a habit in the past of mistakenly leaving the cap off, then going to sit down waiting for the glue to dry, then relizing 20 minutes later that I left the cap off. It doesnt' take much time for it to dry out.