Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest part is waiting
01-03-2009, 09:52 PM,
Hardest part is waiting
Hi Folks,

Discovered this site accidentally bout 4 months back and i have been lurking several times everyday.
John and BA have been great in answering all my questions and promptly. Sometimes i have got BA 's reply in minutes. Totally different from Hollywood lace which i had contemplated too considering their price.Am yet to recieve answers to my two queries i had asked them a few months back....

Anyway, took the plunge and ordered a stock piece( had to have it by 12th as i had promised my girl that i would change my hair/style Wink ) from BA which was promptly shipped from US on 30th and was cleared by customs in India on the 2nd. I know it shd reach me anytime but i am getting impatient...just cant wait to try it on.... though i took 3 months to decide to go for it... Wink

Am about 36, been wearing for 5 yrs....Probably jumped the gun earlier than i shd have had. my hair was just thinning and back then i was not aware of concealers, so decided to go in for a piece-monofilament held with clips which in no time destroyed all the hair underneath and now i just cant do without wearing one.

Anyway, reading all the success stories here and the fact that all you guys seem so helpful,and if the pre-sale is any indication am confident that i will no longer suffer from :
Painful sleep(clips hurting)
Clips getting loose periodically and the danger of the piece coming undone
Paranoia about anyone touching my head
01-03-2009, 10:29 PM,
Re: Hardest part is waiting
Hello Raks,

You've done the right thing coming on board with TL from a mono-filament piece... That was my first piece too and really should be classed as a luxurious shag-pile rug!

What specs have you gone for? Your girlfriend will no doubt love it!

Jazzy
01-03-2009, 10:45 PM,
Hi Jazzy,
Have read all your posts mate.Great to know you are real happy now that you have done the switch.

10*8, A contour, SFS with French Base,Black. Have asked for BA for higher density cos my sides and back are still decent
and it might look a bit funny to suddenly start showing scalp..

My problem would actually be getting it styled here. Am sure the guys where i got my current one would not do this for me considering that i did not buy it from them and they charge a bomb for lace Hps- ranging from about 800 dollars to about 2000. Contemplating taking it to my local barber and these guys are pretty good too if you explain what you want.Only hassle is i dont think he has ever styled a hairpiece
01-04-2009, 02:27 AM,
Raks,

I never showed scalp on my previous system and on BA's advice went to 65%... the results were phenomenal. The thing with a wig is that people don't expect to see crown, scalp and faux-thin hair... they expect a rug, and that's how people are spotted.

I cut my first system in myself - crazy I know, but it worked. I then went to Forever Hair in London to get one done properly - you in the UK?

If you've been in conversation with BA about specs and density then you can't go far wrong. Good luck when you get it, really cheesy, but it's quite liberating going with a lace piece. Next step for you is a Swiss Lace one... they're the nuts.

Speak soon,

Hairy Jazzy
01-04-2009, 03:24 AM,
raks Wrote:Hi Folks,

Discovered this site accidentally bout 4 months back and i have been lurking several times everyday.
John and BA have been great in answering all my questions and promptly. Sometimes i have got BA 's reply in minutes. Totally different from Hollywood lace which i had contemplated too considering their price.Am yet to recieve answers to my two queries i had asked them a few months back....

Anyway, took the plunge and ordered a stock piece( had to have it by 12th as i had promised my girl that i would change my hair/style Wink ) from BA which was promptly shipped from US on 30th and was cleared by customs in India on the 2nd. I know it shd reach me anytime but i am getting impatient...just cant wait to try it on.... though i took 3 months to decide to go for it... Wink

Am about 36, been wearing for 5 yrs....Probably jumped the gun earlier than i shd have had. my hair was just thinning and back then i was not aware of concealers, so decided to go in for a piece-monofilament held with clips which in no time destroyed all the hair underneath and now i just cant do without wearing one.

Anyway, reading all the success stories here and the fact that all you guys seem so helpful,and if the pre-sale is any indication am confident that i will no longer suffer from :
Painful sleep(clips hurting)
Clips getting loose periodically and the danger of the piece coming undone
Paranoia about anyone touching my head

You are right Raks and waiting is the worst part for most customers, I am leaving for England next Friday and when I get back I will be getting all different types of stock,Different Densitys,Some with Highlights, Some with the very thin skin base,Different styles etc,etc and here is some good news for those who like the Toplace hairpiece style below, I will be sending a lot to Debbie and she will cut the base to the size you want and cut them in to the style below as a lot of people do like this style, So the piece will all ready be styled all ready with the size you need, You just have to attach it blend the hair a little were it meets your own hair and Bobs your uncle all sorted Big Grin

[Image: toplacerdt8.jpg]