Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help needed - new to hair replacement
01-28-2010, 11:00 PM,
help needed - new to hair replacement
Hi,

I would like to introduce myself. I am 28 years of age with dark brown hair. I am from the island of Malta (Europe). I have tanned skin. Unfortunately I am new to hair replacements and thus I have alot of questions in my mind, so excuse my questioning. I have some hair on top as I use TOPPIK to cover up, but I am fed up of doing TOPPIK on a daily basis. And I cannot swim with TOPPIK.

Lately I have been to a local studio and for a hair replacement they told me that a unit will cost 1,500.00 euro. The hair in use was real hair. (I still don't know what remy hair is however). I am constantly learning more about the subject. And about 45.00 euro monthly for maintenance and another 250.00 euro per 6 months for repairing. In Malta the weather is hot in Summer and we have a humid atmosphere. In Summer I swim often and I regularly excercise at the gym, hence I sweat.

What about breathable bases? As I will be sleeping with the unit. I don't want to be seen in public or at home without the unit. Thus I want the unit to be very natural. I have seen wigs and sometimes they look very unreal. Since I am still young I don't want to be known as wearing a wig.

I have seen many bases on the net and to tell you the truth I am more consfused than ever.

I have seen some forums and they give alot of negative feedback about some hair replacements.

Can you help me about the matter please to decide what I should look for?

I have tanned skin and my hair is dark brown to brown and has some body wave. I would like to have a hair replacement which breathes as I don't want sweat to be trapped underneath (because of the smell). Considering my age I want the hair replacement to be very close to natural.

Apart from this I go to the gym (when I have time) and go to the beach in the hot Summer months. If I don't choose lace, can I still style my hair back or will it be visible? I also read about bleached knots which seems to be good for me too.

Most of the time I will use a gel or wax to set-up my hair. There seems to be many types of bases, and I would like to choose the best one that suits me.

Ant what type of glue/tape do you suggest? And what about my hairline? And any suggestions from where I should order and how many times a year I will have to replace the unit?
01-29-2010, 02:31 PM,
Re: help needed - new to hair replacement
Hi Bjocas,
As a newbie there's a 'learning curve' to go through. Don't be fooled into paying high prices. This industry has a lot of companies that would like you to believe that 'you get what you pay for' and therefore you need to spend thousands of dollars to look good. It's just not true. We have many customers from Richard Farrell, Hair Club, Apollo, etc. and they are very happy to have found a source of high quality and affordable hair. You can do anything with a hair system on that you would do in your normal life---swim, exercise, ride a motorcycle, play tennis, etc. For starters I would suggest a French lace system--it's strong and undetectable. It breathes and is very comfortable. The hairline is extremely realistic and you can expose your entire hairline without worry. What glue and tape to use is often a matter of 'trial and error' to see what works best for you. Some people attach with tape, some use glue and many use a combination of both. Try Walker No Shine tape and either Base Bond or IGlue. These are our most popular tape and glues. We have customers that get over a year from one system. However, the average user gets about 3-5 months from a system.
Regards,
John