Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have Toplace changed the density chart?
01-07-2009, 01:57 AM,
Have Toplace changed the density chart?
Just curious if anyone else has noticed a slight difference in the past year. I always ordered 73% with Toplace, and I always got a piece with just the right amount of overall density and a good thick hairline.

Now when I order a 73% density piece, the hairline comes back looking a little thin for my liking. Yes, it looks ultra realistic and totally undetectable, but it seems to be graduated quite a bit, something that didn't happen in the past unless you requested it.

So I'm thinking of ordering my next piece with 70% density all around, and an 80% hairline to offset this problem. Would that be a good / bad idea?
01-07-2009, 03:07 AM,
Re: Have Toplace changed the density chart?
well, based on what I just saw with Leamon's pics I don't know what to tell you, his hairline looked pretty doggone good. It didn't look too thin and he said that was 60% density 1/4" into the hairline and 70% all around. I am also confused on what to order.
01-07-2009, 05:30 AM,
Well boys, I've always ordered 70 and my last order in August was right on.

I have a new unit coming next week that is all 68.
I'll update ya'll when my piece comes in.
01-07-2009, 10:40 AM,
Leamons pics look great. But it depends on your head shape, etc. I'm sure you'll that a higher density at the front suits me best - check my pics..
01-08-2009, 07:20 AM,
Mr. Burns is right, it depends on head shape, style, etc..., but Rod, try not to stress yourself out with all the choices out there, I think if you just go with certain specs, you'll be able to make it work. Since I don't like the front too thick, I went a little lower. I might actually go lower with my next order. To me, a little thinner in front is less suspicious than too thick. Plus if it's only 1/4 inch of thinness, it shouldn't be too bad.

If you're still indecisive, then go with the 60% in front! SFS. Good luck! Let us see pics when you get them please.

Leamon
01-08-2009, 07:21 PM,
Same thing happened with me. Very graduated front.
01-08-2009, 10:50 PM,
Just to illustrate; this is how I looked with a lower density hairline (while outside, scalp would show through the hairline like when I was loosing my hair):
[Image: HPIM0524.jpg]

Ultra realistic - yes. And I know for some people this is the holy grail, but...

I'd prefer something like:
[Image: HPIM0140.jpg]

OR:
[Image: HPIM0135.jpg]

Different for everyone I guess...
01-09-2009, 03:27 AM,
The 2 70's I got in August were exactly like your last 2 pics.

I dialed down my last order to 68.

They should be here next week so I'll let you know.
01-09-2009, 08:39 AM,
Mr. Burns- Perfect example of how a guy can easily get away with a higher OR lower density.

I wouldn't mind bumping up the density on my units, but with a full cap you have to be careful with the sides. it can start looking wiggy real quick if the density is too high and/or the ventilation isn't correct.
01-09-2009, 12:47 PM,
Very true Rob. And I imagine that a full cap needs to have a complex set of specs to look correct.

While I can get away with lower density, it definitely makes me look quite older! But I already have the grey hairs for that thankyouverymuch Smile