Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Famous People Who Wear Hair
01-29-2010, 10:37 AM,
Famous People Who Wear Hair
I was amazed to hear Ashton Kutcher and Charlie Sheen both wear. I never would have guessed and it gives me hope when I eventually get my toplace.Anyway, thought I would share this interesting article

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.observer.com/2010/culture/toupee-titan-new-york">http://www.observer.com/2010/culture/to ... n-new-york</a><!-- m -->
01-29-2010, 01:04 PM,
Re: Famous People Who Wear Hair
It may be in print, but I'm not buying it. The Sheen family are hair donors, not recipients. And Ashton Kutcher's mop passes my smell test as does Affleck's, contrary to persistent Internet rumors.
01-29-2010, 03:19 PM,
Alot of people wear hairpieces for movie roles. Look at Bruce Willis or Will Ferrell. That doesn't mean they wear them in regular life.
01-29-2010, 11:25 PM,
Matthew McConaughey and Ashton Kutcher? Lol, what a load of crap.

McCon obviously had a transplant and you can tell that now by how his hairline is starting to degrade again now. Kutcher was receding, but there is some decent pics out there that show he got a transplant to fix up the temples.

Also you only have to look at Affleck's most recent pics from Sundance to see he clearly isn't wearing a piece, he may have in the past (although I doubt it seeing as all the conjecture come from one silly story) but he certainly isn't now.

There is a whole lot of crap in that article, but the pinnacle of it comes when you read how much he charges for a hair piece.
01-30-2010, 03:41 AM,
[attachment=2][attachment=1][attachment=0]you decide

Attached Files Image(s)

01-30-2010, 06:08 AM,
When watching two and a half men I though to myself; You know Charlee Sheen has really thick hair. It could be a wig. Then I thought; as if! Think about it, two and a half men is a show paroding Charlie's lifestyle. He's been into drugs, he sleeps around. Really sound like the lifestyle of a man who wears an overly thick wig?

The man is genetically blessed. Look at his hair when he was younger. He had tones of it...

[Image: charlie_sheen_30006.jpg]

I've seen his hair undergo all sorts of stress and strain as well. If you look at the males in his family, all of them have thick hair. Is it so unreasonable that Charlee has a great head of thick hair?

I think sometimes on this forum people are trying to convince themselves that every celebrity with a bad hair day is sporting a piece. It takes more than a picture to be sure someone is wearing a piece. Look at Brad Pitt here.
[Image: brad-pitt-and-angelina-jolie-at-2009-oscars.jpg]

Pitt's hair in that picture looks like it could be a wig. Knowing he wore pieces in Benjamine Button (around that time frame). Who'd be willing to bet $100 it is? Not me! Moral of the story - just because you can't tell someone isn't wearing doesn't mean they are.

This is a forum about wearing hair, so it's natural that celebrities hair is discussed. But too much of the conversation revolves around outting celebrities. Are we all that insecure? Why don't we ever discuss wigs of people who are open about it? I look at guys like Bruce Willis and Sean Connery who have used wigs in movies, and they look great. Sean Connery in particular has great wigs, he's a zen-master of wearing hair. Beyonce has got some cool wigs too. How about this one - Billy Zane in Titanic. I always thought he lost hair hair after titanic. Nope! His hair in the movie is a wig. Anyone pick that one?
01-30-2010, 06:51 AM,
"was amazed to hear Ashton Kutcher and Charlie Sheen both wear" I wonder how people even come to this conclusion.

I doubt highly either of them wear hair. But a question comes to mind for me. If we can get such realistic results from Chinese factories on the other side of the world who never met us in our lifetime. Why cant someone who is rich get someone to custom make their system perfectly? Or is there even such a thing? I dont mean a richard farrell or salon, because we have already learned their pieces are either equal to or actually inferior to what we get. but I mean them hiring someone directly, someone who is an expert ventilator or something to make the hair system. The best they can for that particular client. The best hair, knotting, bleaching, maybe even the thinnest lace etc. Have a team of the best stylists working on you and make up artists etc. If a celebrity really took the initiative to seek out the best hair system, would we really be able to tell if they wore?

For example. Lets say im rich, and I want the best pieces from toplace. And I am willing to give john 10 grand just to make sure my pieces are done by the same ventilator in the factory who does the best work. Hair systems are standardized, but they also seem to be labor intensive, and rely on the skills of people. Im assuming some people are better than others at their work. Perhaps that is why sometimes we get pieces we love, and sometimes they come too thick or whatever etc.
01-31-2010, 04:22 AM,
I know that back in the 40's and 50's that Hollywood stars did spend the big bucks and had their systems made by the famous Max Factor who also was a make-up manufacturer. His clientel included Humphrey Bogart, Bing Crosby, John Wayne, George Burns---all the biggies back then. But even then I'll bet that Max Factor sent them to some place over seas to be made. Venting a unit is an extremely tedious and time intensive process. I laugh when I see Richard Farrell state in his ads that he 'trains the ventilators himself.'