Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Times Do You Guys Shower?
01-07-2009, 11:35 PM,
How Many Times Do You Guys Shower?
Not a hygiene question if that's what your wondering lol but how many times you guys shower in a week with your piece on?
01-08-2009, 03:24 AM,
Re: How Many Times Do You Guys Shower?
Usually once per week. I might do an additional shower if I've been excercising, or if I don't smell too good, but I won't wash my hair more than once per week.

Now before you guys slate me for having bad hygiene, you have to remember that the temperature over here is quite low all year round, so if there isn't any sweating or much bodyheat, then no need to have a shower every day. I guess it depends on your job, but IMO having a shower once or twice each day is a waste of time and water, and all those cleaning chemicals contain toxins and shouldn't be used daily... just IMHO!
01-08-2009, 03:57 AM,
I have a super active schedule, 2 long steaming hot showers a day.

2 week attachments no touchups, 30 minute all tape attachments, and my pieces consistently last longer than 6 months.
01-08-2009, 04:05 AM,
I shower everyday and wash my real hair every other day and was my system hair never more than once per week.
I go 2-3 weeks for attachment and system last from 5-8 months.
01-08-2009, 04:16 AM,
I take daily showers, but recently started replacing 3 of them with nightly baths trying to relax enough to sleep more than 4 hrs. Sitting here at my desk working 12-14hrs per day doesn't normally get too sweaty, but tight deadlines and working out during conference calls can be the exception. :lol:

But I don't properly wash the piece every time I shower (though it gets wet and swiped at while washing my own hair). It just depends on the look, feel, age of piece, etc.
01-09-2009, 07:33 AM,
Once a month ... but twice on leap years ! ...

I'm kidding ...

But I've taken some earlier advice from
BA and others ....

I wash and condition my real side hair ...(in winter) ... 1-2 X
a week with 'Bed Head'... also putting vinegar on my real hair
as well as thru the top of the piece to slow down shedding

(don't ask me ... my stylist said to do it ... if you're creative..
what the heck .. add Oregano and make yourself into a salad Smile ) .

I 'Condition' my hair piece (while wearing it) with
Fructis Conditioner ....then wash and blow ...

(now I mean my hair .. some of you have dirty minds) Smile

Of course, when I visit the subtropical jungles of Asia
this year ... or when we have a hot, humid NYC August
day .... I'm sure washing will be more frequent ...

Michigan Baldy gave some great advice in an earlier
post .... about rinsing the hair with front the front ...
and how the glue (or tape) loosens and then hardens
again which worked out great for me.

***BTW: I take a HOT BATH EVERY DAY as a MORNING
ritual ... but DON'T WASH MY PIECE....
01-11-2009, 02:25 PM,
Well, I shower everyday, but wash and/or condition the hair about 3 times per week. The bond is ST30 and Ultrahold - all lace. Infusium for color treated hair. Get 3+ weeks between changes.
Zappa
01-12-2009, 02:33 AM,
I shower daily, but I only wash my hair twice (rarely 3x) a week. Once after I detach the piece, and once again later in the week with the piece on. I will rinse my head here and there though. It helps that I keep my side and back hair short...
01-12-2009, 03:38 AM,
On the days where you all don't wash the hair, you all just leave the hair product(gel, wax,etc) on? Won't it make the hair harder to style if alot of product is built up?(cos I think that's what would happen with real hair)

I just sent in my order and am waiting for it to arrive. So I apologize if my questions are stupid. Big Grin
01-14-2009, 08:41 AM,
I was going to say as much as needed to hold down the stinch. But really about 7 times a week.