Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey guys, need help / opinions.
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM,
hey guys, need help / opinions.
hey everyone.

i'm 19 and have a verry high hairline for my age.

Wanting to do something about my frontal hairline, wanting some kind of peice / replacement.

[Image: image002.jpg]
[Image: image004.jpg]
[Image: image006.jpg]
[Image: P1070001.jpg]

Any recommendations guys?

This is gonna be tough because my sides are pretty receded!
01-09-2009, 11:02 PM,
Re: hey guys, need help / opinions.
hey guys. this is my plan whats in these photos. I've drawn blue maker where i'd like my hairline to extend to.

My plan is to make a peice for the front and blend it into my existing hair.

[Image: image001-1.jpg]
[Image: image002-1.jpg]
[Image: image003-1.jpg]
[Image: peice.jpg]

This is possible yes?
01-10-2009, 04:43 AM,
The one hairline pic you sent me from above where the hair was wet was deceptive. Looking at the hair dry it seems that your actual hairline is useable. I think you are on the right track doing two small partials, little triangles to fill in the recessed area,

And definitely keep the hair LONG while you are making this transition. Don't go getting all funky and crazy and chop it all up cause it's going to be much harder to pull off for a beginner.

For your situation what you might want to do is order a piece with the largest base size without an upcharge (9x10 maybe???) from measurements only. Send a sample of your own hair and specify that you want the piece that color all the way through.

While you are waiting for the piece, make little templates of the areas you want to fill. When the piece comes in, just cut out pieces from areas that are ventilated in the direction you want them to be for this area. For the little amount of hair you need one piece should get you several small partials. Plus, you will have extra to experiment with if you screw up once or twice.

That's what I would do. Then when you get a little experience you can start looking into expanding to fill in other areas if necessary, but then again you might be perfectly happy with the partials.
01-10-2009, 01:56 PM,
Jrob.

The photo at the bottom with the blue lines on it, i want to make the whole front 1 peice and not 2 triangles. Do you think this is possible. I think i'd rather just shave off the whole front ?
01-11-2009, 08:09 AM,
you could probably do either one.

the advantages of having two separate triangles and keeping your real middle hairline, is that the front center hairline is the most important part of the piece, in that it is the most exposed to various light and angles. keeping your real hair would def look the most natural in that part.

however. disadvantages of two triangles is that you have to line it up to fit the hairline, and match it as well as you can. I never tried this, I think its doable, but im not sure if it would be harder or easier to do. I wouldnnt know till i tried.

regards
01-11-2009, 10:05 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:you could probably do either one.

the advantages of having two separate triangles and keeping your real middle hairline, is that the front center hairline is the most important part of the piece, in that it is the most exposed to various light and angles. keeping your real hair would def look the most natural in that part.

however. disadvantages of two triangles is that you have to line it up to fit the hairline, and match it as well as you can. I never tried this, I think its doable, but im not sure if it would be harder or easier to do. I wouldnnt know till i tried.

regards

I agree.

That said, from his recent email Dale seems gung ho on the idea of going with a full cap due to the poor condition of his side hair and the recent pics he sent to me of real hairstyles would be SUPER easy to pull off with a full cap. I know, because I am wearing one with almost that exact style right now.

I know a lot of people aren't cracked up on the idea of starting with a full cap and all, but he is looking for a certain style that won't be able to be achieved with his temple hair in the condition that it's in. That was my big issue with wearing a topper. Aside from the whole caking on dermmatch nightmare, I was basically limited to ONE hairstyle. There are a few challenges and drawbacks to a the full cap, but all in all I'm very happy with my results.