Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to achieve the styled "dry look"
01-10-2009, 12:31 PM,
Re: How to achieve the styled "dry look"
Hey E, got your email. I will shoot you the eBook ASAP.

As for styling with a "dry" look, Waxworks isn't going to work. It's the wettest looking wax I have used. Great stuff and it has its place, but it gives that "runway model" hair look. I would suggest picking up a tube and trying it. You might be able to use a little and get less shine, but you won't be able to tame the hair without using enough that it will make the hair shiny.

You might want to try a mousse. Kinda old school, but I tried some of the 3-in-1 alcohol free mousse and it gives a nice light hold.

You could also try a spray gel or water down some regular gel. The only one that I have tried that doesn't dry the hair is an alcohol free version made by John Frieda. You mentioned about ordering some of the Blue Max CCS....if you do give me a heads up and I will throw in a couple of samples of waxes, putties, and gels.

Keep in mind that with a new piece you might be forced to use more or different product for a couple of weeks until it settles. The piece I just applied tonight I have worn for about a month and it is just now at a point where I could throw some CCS in after washing and conditioning, lightly style, and go. Up until now it was too poofy, even with a fairly low density.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How to achieve the styled "dry look" - JRob - 01-10-2009, 12:31 PM