Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to achieve the styled "dry look"
01-11-2009, 08:04 AM,
Re: How to achieve the styled "dry look"
There are different types of alcohol. The word alcohol can be misleading. Not all forms are bad, Some are actually beneficial to hair, and is used as an emollient. So no, i do not believe the alcohol in their styling creams is bad for the hair. If you have any concerns about ingredients just look up the ingredients on google or wikipedia.

about suggestions from this room. Snipe seems to know his stuff. and i would take his recommendation, and also jrobs recommendations as something that could potentially work great for you. But with this hair wearing thing, there is no definitive answer. Sometimes one person might enjoy something that another person dislikes. So ultimately you should try out products and find the best for you.
01-11-2009, 09:52 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:But with this hair wearing thing, there is no definitive answer. Sometimes one person might enjoy something that another person dislikes. So ultimately you should try out products and find the best for you.

I agree.

Snipe absolutely loves Waxworks, and I think it is a great product for us who wear hair, but it isn't going to give the finish everyone is looking for. I like a Fructis wax, but it dries the hair if I don't use some of the serum. E was asking me about picking some up, and my best suggestion would be to pick up a few different styling products, mix them with a drop of the serum, and try them himself. I'm going to send him a few that I like to give a starting point.
01-12-2009, 07:33 AM,
Yeah see, normally i would say something witty about jrob always trying to plug his products lol. But yeah give jrobs serum a try. It really does seem to coat the hairs nicely and could potentially expand your styling product selection. When i get a bottle of his stuff, I will use it also as a leave in conditioner for when I take the piece off and put it on the styro head. I will report on how it helps the hair long term, i was satisfied with its short term results with styling products. It seems to make the hair more soft and puts some life back into dry hair.

regards
01-13-2009, 01:45 AM,
I use Redken Airset. It gives a great hold whether you apply it to wet hair or dry. Apply to hair when hair is the desired degree of dryness and that's how it will stay until you brush it out. If you apply when hair is still very wet then it will have the wet gel look all day or apply when dry and no one will be able to tell you have anything on it. It holds like hairspray but no lacquer ! It also conditions the hair.
The only problem is I can only find it on E-Bay so I order from there. It runs about 6.30 per bottle if you buy 10 bottles at a time from this seller: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Redken-AIRSET-Heat-Styling-Protectant-Soft-Control-8_W0QQitemZ350138092250QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item350138092250&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50">http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Redken-AIRSET-He ... 7C294%3A50</a><!-- m -->
\
01-13-2009, 04:54 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:When i get a bottle of his stuff, I will use it also as a leave in conditioner for when I take the piece off and put it on the styro head. I will report on how it helps the hair long term, i was satisfied with its short term results with styling products. It seems to make the hair more soft and puts some life back into dry hair.

regards

Given controlled conditions hair should last for a long time. Unfortunately we subject the hair to all sorts of evil stuff including sun, water, chemicals, shampoo, etc.

If you are going to store any pieces the CCS will definitely help preserve the hair. It is speculated that the factories use some sort of silicone concoction to protect the hair, probably with many of the same ingredients.

Keep in mind that this is a protectant first and foremost. It might help to an extent to revitalize hair that has already been subjected to damage, but the real benefit comes from continuous use. Think of it as a type of "scotchgard" or "armor all" for the hair. The sunscreen helps block UV rays and prevents fading, and the dimethiconol and natural oils lubricate the hair shaft and seal the cuticle protecting from heat, chemicals, moisture loss, etc. It's not going to bring back a piece that is losing hair in clumps, but it can help to keep it from getting to that point in the first place.