Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shampoo that prevents fading and that orange tint
01-12-2009, 02:28 AM,
Shampoo that prevents fading and that orange tint
Hey guys, I have been trying to search for that shampoo that keeps the color of the piece, and gets rid of that orange tint. Is it ADR or something???

Thanks!
01-12-2009, 04:01 AM,
Re: Shampoo that prevents fading and that orange tint
you are thinking of the color conditioner ADF.
there is also the nearly natural sulfate free shampoo and also the color correcting shampoo.
Debbies.
01-12-2009, 01:42 PM,
Orange tint is one thing I hate more then George Bush.First,get a filter for your shower head or sink.
Second,start using a product with sunscreen,like the Blue Max type.At the first sign of orange coming in
get some color on the hair in one form or another.I now do a quick mini color whenever I color my real hair.
Takes 45 minutes for both,very easy ,and it works great.
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM,
First, you need a shampoo with mild surfactants. Try to avoid sulfates. That's step #1.

Second step is to keep it out of UV rays. Cover up in the sun, or as Dean said use a product with sunscreen.

If you never had to expose the piece to the sun or shampoo, it wouldn't lose much color, but unfortunately that isn't practical, so if you do get the brassy/red/orange tones, you can counteract them with color infusing conditioner. ADF works well, and I also have another leave-in type of colorant that you simply wet the hair with that is great for touchups.

I'm lucky since I wear full caps and don't have to worry about color match. I look at my oldest units and they are BLONDE compared to my newer ones which are more light brown. They are about 4-5 shades different! I need to maintain the color a little more cause it's pretty obvious when I get a new piece if I let it fade out......
01-12-2009, 11:50 PM,
Living in Australia, fade from sun/UV damage has always been a problem for me. I tried some of the colour correcting shampoo that Debbie sells and it worked a treat. Very little fade and no nasty orange tones at all (in 6 months). If it wasn't for some shedding I'd still have that syrup on now. (The shedding is a separate issue - which I'll fix by using some knot sealer with my new syrup.)
Hope this helps,
A.J.
01-13-2009, 05:14 AM,
Blue Max would help with this, right?
01-13-2009, 06:38 AM,
Mr.Burns Wrote:Blue Max would help with this, right?

Yes.

It is formulated with octyl methoxycinnamate, an organic sunscreen. Without expensive FDA testing you can't claim a specific SPF factor, but lets put it this way....the maximum amount by US law was used which is 7.5%. Each 1% roughly corresponds to an SFP factor of 2. So 7.5x2 is theoretically the number of hours of sun exposure that can be counteracted with Blue Max CCS.

Look for products that contain octyl methoxycinnamate or titanium dioxide. Both are common sunscreen ingredients in hair care products.