Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to decrease density?
01-12-2009, 06:16 AM,
How to decrease density?
Can anyone give me any ideas on how to remove hair from current hair piece. I have a swiss base with split half knots and using remi hair. I just really need to fine tune density to get a more open part and show more scalp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
01-12-2009, 07:29 AM,
Re: How to decrease density?
Well some suggest you unravel the knots using a magnifying lens. I think that is too hard and tedious, unless your an expert at that stuff. What i do is just wet the hairs a little bit, and pull a couple of hairs at a time from the root. Just have to keep pulling hairs out a little at a time. try to grab from the bottom of the hair (root) to avoid just breaking the hair in half.
01-12-2009, 11:00 AM,
Hello,

Although I give this advice you may not want to try this. I have had a few pieces that have been to thick. What I did was applied hair bleach to the knots and left it on for over an hour, then did it again after he piece dried. Yup, you guessed it, it fried the knots and thinned out my piece a lot after a few washes. That was probably the best piece I ever had because the knots were white.

This could totally destroy your pieced though. I did it because the piece was 10% more than what I needed,

Also styling jell helps too
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM,
Wet unit and lightly comb it in area you want to remove a little hair.Take your time,and it will thin out.
01-13-2009, 07:15 AM,
lol thats not very reassuring to me. "lightly comb your hair and it will thin out?" that sounds more like a problem with the unit.
01-13-2009, 09:57 AM,
The plucking method is the best but you have to be very careful not to rip the lace if you're plucking hairs on a SFS piece. Combing the hair wet with an oil base conditioner added to the hair will cause the hairs to slide out easier without putting stress on the base. Another method that's time consuming but effective is to place strips of very tacky tap on the under belly of the system and pull the tap up and hair will pull through onto the tap. Once you fill the tap up just keep placing fresh strips of tap to the area you want to thin and pull the hair through.

KenJJ
01-13-2009, 10:04 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:lol thats not very reassuring to me. "lightly comb your hair and it will thin out?" that sounds more like a problem with the unit.

Not really systems lose some hair when combing especially when the system is wet. Hairs tend to slide out easier when the hair and base is wet especially if you comb it excessively. If your system is shedding rapidly as you're combing then there's a problem.

KenJJ