Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how are other online hair companies?
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM,
how are other online hair companies?
Hi, over the years I have had a hard time finding good hair quality and consistant craftsmanship, especially for longer hair full cap pieces. Well, I have only used one company, Toplace. I think Toplace is fine for partial or stock short hair pieces but when it comes to lng hair and custome units I always run into quality problems. I was thinking on trying another company... Has anyone here tried other online hair companies? I would like to hear your oppinions on who has the best overall hair quality and craftsmanship. Thanks
01-13-2009, 07:10 PM,
Re: how are other online hair companies?
Hi, over the years I have had a hard time finding good hair quality and consistant craftsmanship, especially for longer hair full cap pieces. Well, I have only used one company, Toplace. I think Toplace is fine for partial or stock short hair pieces but when it comes to lng hair and custome units I always run into quality problems.

Stikki wikki...I really don't understand your reasoning when you talk about quality...how is a shorter unit really any different than a long haired unit other than the hair is in fact longer...and speaking of a long hair unit quality wise...what are you comparing it to. When you speak of quality what exactly are you talking about? Could you be more specific? Maybe you specs need to be tweaked a bit. Cheers
01-14-2009, 01:57 AM,
Try Wigs are us.Smile
01-14-2009, 03:48 AM,
Stay away from Hollywood Hair whatever you do.
01-14-2009, 07:41 AM,
Well I have tried different companies while going thru this hair wearing game. Toplace to me is a good company that is run by a group of people who will try to help you whenever there is a problem. So I always recommend toplace to people. However, There are also good companies out there as well. But out of respect, we really dont talk about other companies too much, or advertise another company in a toplace forum. After all, this is a toplace owned forum, and I respect that. If you would like to email me though, I could give you my personal honest feedback about some different companies I have used if your looking just to explore your options. U might very well be right back at toplace. But if you want any info. email me at. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> and I could try to help.

regards.
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM,
"Stikki wikki...I really don't understand your reasoning when you talk about quality...how is a shorter unit really any different than a long haired unit other than the hair is in fact longer...and speaking of a long hair unit quality wise...what are you comparing it to. When you speak of quality what exactly are you talking about? Could you be more specific? Maybe you specs need to be tweaked a bit. Cheers"

"wheels07" The reasoning is very simple, when longer hair is poor quality, dry, and frizzy it looks unhealthy and is not managable. When hair is shorter is is easier to manage and the damage is not as obvious. Kinda common sense... it is more obvious on long hair than if it were short. Just like real hair. Long hair on a hairpiece has to be better quality for a hairpiece to look healthy and managable. If it is dry and frizzy, the hair won't look too good of course. I have worn both short hair hair pieces and long (15" length) and I have also cut back long haired units that had poor hair quality and they looked a little bit better when shorter for the reasons mentioned above. My specs don't have anything to do with hair quality and/or craftsmanship "wheels07".

And don't be so defensive... think you were a lawyer representing your client here. Rediculous
01-16-2009, 04:40 AM,
not sure where you are but if ya in the uk stay away from growth hair clinic rip offs
and hair 4all twice the price of toplace and not good quality . stick with toplace Smile
01-16-2009, 05:04 AM,
Gee Stkkiwikki how stupid of me!!!! I guess one would assume that the donors of long hair have had their hair quite sometime for it to be that long in the first place... and the quality and abuse it would take through that time might take quite a toll on the quality of a hair unit...Maybe you ought to try synthetic hair then you could have hair as long as you want may 30 or 40 inches...maybe you ought to consider a new doo.My wife has long hair and she does everything in her power to keep it soft and shiny and the dreaded dry and frizzy look...To be that long it takes a long time to grow and the hair is OLD...and sleeping...weather elements play a big part in the look and feel of her hair. I don't think that any other company is going to make you any happier...especially with a longer unit. Hope I did'nt offend you...but that's my opinion. Oh and by the way I wasn't trying to be defensive and I wasn't trying to sound like a lawyer as you put it...Have a great day.Cheers
01-16-2009, 07:08 AM,
I dont really agree with jakes response above. But I wont even elaborate, because honestly this is not the right place to compare and contrast different companies. This forum is great for sharing information with each other and its a free service provided by toplace. that doesnt mean I am against talking about other companies and other options. I believe its good to have other options even if you still only order from toplace. Its a good security measure to have. I like to know a few good companies out there I could go to in case of anything. But I think its better to discuss it with each other instead of spamming company names on toplaces forum. All it will do is get the thread locked. However like i said, i have become friends with people from this forum and we always discuss different ideas or even different companies products, but its good to respect the rules of this forum too.

regards